Info:Wilson Adrenal Fatique/ Saliva(Need Advice)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by johnston, Nov 5, 2006.

1. johnston

johnston New Member

hormone testing...........Is this credible? Any experience out there?

If so, know of mds in Atlanta area?

Thanks, Rhonda
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I just finished Jim Wilson's book and found that the symptoms of adrenal exhaustion matched exactly what I was experiencing. I also just finished Dr. Jacob Tietelbaum's book: "From Fatigued to Fantastic".

The hormone imbalance are real, but are symptoms due to other causes. Both books list viruses as something to investigate. Epstein-Barr virus eats away at the epitheal lining (skin?) of the internal organs.

My D.O. tested me for hormonal imbalance and put me on testosterone and DHEA. My cortisol levels were way too high. I would check out any D.O. listed on your insurance for starters.
  3. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

She goes to a doctor that believes in this. She also thinks I have this condition because my body temp is so low, just like hers. She also has FM. She takes a hormone that the doctor gives her, but it's been a while since I talked to her, so I don't remember what it was. Good luck though. Not anywhere close to the Atlanta area. Sorry !
    Good luck finding someone. You might just try calling around to some endocrinologosts in your area & ask if they are familiar w/ this, do they treat anyone for it, etc. Also checking w/ a teaching hospital/physician center might be able to help w/ referrals.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hormone testing and supplementation was extremely helpful for me. I tend to doubt you'll get much help from endocrinologists, though. Try to find an M.D. who is more oriented to alternative/innovative medicine instead.