Information abounds - Newbies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rozmund, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Hello one and all: This such a great board - only been on it for a week now and I have learned so much
    and much has been reaffirmed for me - suggestions for newbies - read every post - even if the title does not catch your eye. ...you want to create a bank of knowledge to fight your personal fight, to fight the system, to understand the calibre of doctor you have - this is a bewildering malady for them to understand as well. FM is not a static disorder - it changes along with us - initally it is quite devasting because your mind can recall what it actually felt like to master a vibrating healthy body - and this causes much conflict and anxiety - only normal. But after a while believe it or not - the pain in its various modes becomes the norm - and it can be lived with. There are peaks and peaks that cry out for extra attention - that is why so many of talk of epsom salts baths, coenzyme Q10 - anti-oxicidents to fight back on free radicals, maybe even some B complex for stress if you have heavy doses of it in your life...but on this board you will see much support and great depths of patience as the same questions pop up over and over. The site itself also has a wealth of information on it - just click on any of the file tabs at the top and print the stuff off and leave it in the john - eventually you will be able to take it in your stride and enjoy life again. Cheers
  2. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Hello one and all: This such a great board - only been on it for a week now and I have learned so much
    and much has been reaffirmed for me - suggestions for newbies - read every post - even if the title does not catch your eye. ...you want to create a bank of knowledge to fight your personal fight, to fight the system, to understand the calibre of doctor you have - this is a bewildering malady for them to understand as well. FM is not a static disorder - it changes along with us - initally it is quite devasting because your mind can recall what it actually felt like to master a vibrating healthy body - and this causes much conflict and anxiety - only normal. But after a while believe it or not - the pain in its various modes becomes the norm - and it can be lived with. There are peaks and peaks that cry out for extra attention - that is why so many of talk of epsom salts baths, coenzyme Q10 - anti-oxicidents to fight back on free radicals, maybe even some B complex for stress if you have heavy doses of it in your life...but on this board you will see much support and great depths of patience as the same questions pop up over and over. The site itself also has a wealth of information on it - just click on any of the file tabs at the top and print the stuff off and leave it in the john - eventually you will be able to take it in your stride and enjoy life again. Cheers
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

second that!
    Kady
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Good advice, and if I didn't do so already, welcome to you! I read like crazy here, and I sound like a broken record, but I really, truly mean it: I learn something here every time I log on. I've picked up all kinds of great info from reading posts, not to mention "met" wonderful, caring people who have given me support, & just generally helped me have a more positive outlook!

So keep reading (& writing) everyone!

Hugs,
    Pam