Information for people from the uk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by s43, Nov 11, 2002.

1. s43

s43 New Member

I dont know if any of you realise, but there is a fibro association in the uk. There is also a website, i have just found out about it. Apparently there are 100 organisations in the uk,Ireland and the Channel Islands.Sybil there is one in Cheshire i dont know if u knew.I found out through reading an article from a magazine today about a woman called Margaret Harcus, from Orkney who took 5 years to be diagnosed and they gave the website address and a telephone no. The no. is for THE FIBROMYALGIA ASSOCIATION UK-08702201232 or you can log onto www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org I hope this is usefull to someone because when i was diagnosed about 1 month ago i couldnt find anything over here. I had a quick look on the site and it looks ok,there is information about claiming benefits,doctors reports and about this illness.Its nice to know that there is somewhere over in the uk that we can get infor from. Hope your day isnt too painful Regards Sharon
  2. s43

s43 New Member

I dont know if any of you realise, but there is a fibro association in the uk. There is also a website, i have just found out about it. Apparently there are 100 organisations in the uk,Ireland and the Channel Islands.Sybil there is one in Cheshire i dont know if u knew.I found out through reading an article from a magazine today about a woman called Margaret Harcus, from Orkney who took 5 years to be diagnosed and they gave the website address and a telephone no. The no. is for THE FIBROMYALGIA ASSOCIATION UK-08702201232 or you can log onto www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org I hope this is usefull to someone because when i was diagnosed about 1 month ago i couldnt find anything over here. I had a quick look on the site and it looks ok,there is information about claiming benefits,doctors reports and about this illness.Its nice to know that there is somewhere over in the uk that we can get infor from. Hope your day isnt too painful Regards Sharon
  3. sybil

sybil New Member

thanks sharon!

i didn't know about the cheshire one,but a woman is trying to set up a group in winsford,which is just down the road from me.but unfortunately the first meeting is on wednesday this week,the day i go to hydrotherapy! as i made enough fuss about getting hydro treatment,i can't afford to miss a session.
    i will have a look at the u.k. website,is there a message board?

love,

sybilxxx
  4. s43

s43 New Member

I am not sure, i only had a quick look,but apparently the Cheshire support group tel no is 08707517325.My nearest one is Cardiff which is a bit too far,but i can email a Stuart Merry who is the regional one.Also if you wanted to start a support group in your area they will give you all the help needed to do it.Hope the hydrotherepy helps, is the doctor sending you for it? luv Sharon
  5. s43

s43 New Member

6. sybil

sybil New Member

what a struggle i had to get it!!
    my consultant rheumy ended up referring me,after i had a big row with one of the my g.p's who refused to refer me,he told me to go for a walk,i told him to do the same,in different words,hehehe! needless to say,i don't see him anymore!
    but it is helping,progress is slow though,i'm hardly skipping around!
    i visited that site,there is no forum for adults,but a chat room for young people with FM.they don't really have any info i don't already know,but i think you can contact them if you have trouble claiming benefits and they will advise you,

sybilxxx
  7. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi i am from nireland belfast and you were right about support groups here if anyone wants to find out more about them log onto www.fmsnifreeserve.co.uk hope this helps as i go on all the time and it hasreally help me good luck