Information on Microwave Oven Radiation Sickness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Mar 22, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Couldn't remember if I ever posted this, so here is some info on Microwave Oven Radiation Sickness. I'm only posting a clip from the page, you can read the rest here:

Microwave sickness is discovered

The Russians did research on thousands of workers who had been exposed to microwaves during the development of radar in the 1950's. Their research showed health problems so serious that the Russians set strict limits of 10 microwatts exposure for workers and one microwatt for civilians.

In Robert O. Becker's book, The Body Electric, he described Russian research on the health effects of microwave radiation, which they called "microwave sickness." On page 314, Becker states:

"It's [Microwave sickness] first signs are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The later and most common manifestations are chronic excitation of the sympathetic nervous system [stress syndrome] and high blood pressure. This phase also often includes headache, dizziness, eye pain, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, stomach pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems, and cancer. The chronic symptoms are eventually succeeded by crisis of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic heart disease [the blockage of coronary arteries and heart attacks]."

According to Dr. Lee, changes are observed in the blood chemistries and the rates of certain diseases among consumers of microwaved foods. The symptoms above can easily be caused by the observations shown below. The following is a sample of these changes:

* Lymphatic disorders were observed, leading to decreased ability to prevent certain types of cancers.
    * An increased rate of cancer cell formation was observed in the blood.
    * Increased rates of stomach and intestinal cancers were observed.
    * Higher rates of digestive disorders and a gradual breakdown of the systems of elimination were observed.

Exposure to microwave emissions also had an unpredictably negative effect upon the general biological welfare of humans. This was not discovered until the Russians experimented with highly sophisticated equipment and discovered that a human did not even need to ingest the material substance of the microwaved food substances: that even exposure to the energy-field itself was sufficient to cause such adverse side effects that the use of any such microwave apparatus was forbidden in 1976 by Soviet state law.

The following are the enumerated effects:

1. A breakdown of the human "life-energy field" in those who were exposed to microwave ovens while in operation, with side-effects to the human energy field of increasingly longer duration;

2. A degeneration of the cellular voltage parallels during the process of using the apparatus, especially in the blood and lymphatic areas;

3. A degeneration and destabilization of the external energy activated potentials of food utilization within the processes of human metabolism;

4. A degeneration and destabilization of internal cellular membrane potentials while transferring catabolic [metabolic breakdown] processes into the blood serum from the digestive process;

5. Degeneration and circuit breakdowns of electrical nerve impulses within the junction potentials of the cerebrum [the front portion of the brain where thought and higher functions reside];

6. A degeneration and breakdown of nerve electrical circuits and loss of energy field symmetry in the neuroplexuses [nerve centers] both in the front and the rear of the central and autonomic nervous systems;

7. Loss of balance and circuiting of the bioelectric strengths within the ascending reticular activating system [the system which controls the function of consciousness];

8. A long term cumulative loss of vital energies within humans, animals and plants that were located within a 500-meter radius of the operational equipment;

9. Long lasting residual effects of magnetic "deposits" were located throughout the nervous system and lymphatic system;

10. A destabilization and interruption in the production of hormones and maintenance of hormonal balance in males and females;

11. Markedly higher levels of brainwave disturbance in the alpha, theta, and delta wave signal patterns of persons exposed to microwave emission fields, and;

12. Because of this brainwave disturbance, negative psychological effects were noted, including loss of memory, loss of ability to concentrate, suppressed emotional threshold, deceleration of intellective processes, and interruptive sleep episodes in a statistically higher percentage of individuals subjected to continual range emissive field effects of microwave apparatus, either in cooking apparatus or in transmission stations.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Wikipedia has been known to be unreliable, as anyone with any agenda can edit it.

There are many links on the net about Microwave Oven Radiation Sickness. I just happened to pick that one. They mostly give the same info I posted. The Russian and Swedish studies showed they were harmful. Blood cannot be microwaved to warm it due to the changes it causes in it. Here's a different link about it:

Who is to dare say that this isn't the cause for some people's illness? This should be thoroughly investigated. Too many of us have terrible Acid Reflux/GERD problems. As well as many other symptoms that match Microwave Radiation Sickness.

I would never trust anything like Wikipedia today. Haven't you seen the thread on what they have been doing about CFS/ME? They keep publishing that it's a mental illness no matter how many times we tell them that it is a biological disease and provide proof of that from numerous sources.

Microwave Radiation Sickness should be looked into as a possible cause of CFS/ME.
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

While the source noted for this information may be in doubt, the FDA and Wikepedia are not any more trustworthy. Marie
  4. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

While it is healthy to have a certain distrust of your government (and the Russians), I highly doubt they would allow us to have these "death machines" in our kitchens if they knew they were unsafe. It's not like the microwave industry is a multi-billion dollar industry that lobbies and contributes to Congress, therefore controlling what we know.

I think we are all as frustrated with this DD as you are, but we can't start grabbing at straws and inciting panic where there doesn't need to be panic. We all have enough daily stress to stomach that we don't need to add a fear of our kitchens to the list.

And remember, when that "information" was released, Russia was a communist nation meaning the government had to approve any and all info released to the public. Communism, while it has some practical applications, does not have a stellar track record when it comes to protecting the interests of their residents -- only the interests of government.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I fully believe in leaving no stone unturned when it comes to investigating possible causes. Just because something isn't well known does not mean it can't be harmful.

How about the fact that there are fish neurotoxins that can cause the same exact symptoms as CFS/ME. Is that ever talked about? I've never seen it mentioned on this forum, or pretty much anywhere except an environmental site I was at in the last two years. It talked about how the EPA is fully aware of it. But it's never talked about.

There are many possible causes that are not looked into. The fact remains, something happened in the 80's to suddenly cause pandemic outbreaks of CFIDS/ME/Fibro. So you have to look at what was happening in the 80's. Rise of Lyme, introduction of both Microwave Ovens and Aspartame. Probably an introduction of many other toxic substances in our food and cleaning products. Do any of these show up on normal blood tests? No. Because no one is looking in these directions. When you go to the doctor, you aren't asking for tests for levels of certain toxic substances. You wouldn't even know what to ask for. And yet, the answer could be that simple. There could be a toxic chemical making us sick. Or it could be the fish neurotoxin in some people's cases. There are so many avenues that are never explored because everyone is too focused on it being a virus or a bacteria. We live in a toxic world. It only makes sense to investigate things in the world around us today that have changed since the time of our grandparents and great grandparents. Our food and water are not pure. They are full of chemicals and stripmined of many of their nutrients. All of these things can be contributing factors in why we are sick today.
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

First of all, who is to say we didn't all get a bad batch of Microwave oven that malfunctioned and dosed us with bad radiation? Would we know? That's not being irrational, that's common sense right there. How would we know? We wouldn't, unless it was looked into.

Genetics probably do play a factor in why we got sick and our relatives didn't. My cousins all went to summer camp every year. They were bitten by ticks. They didn't get sick. I got bit at eight years old. I'm sick. Why aren't they suffering??? I don't know. We do know that not all ticks carry Lyme. There's a percentage that don't. So, is it genetics, or is it luck? I think that's the million dollar question right there. What did we all do that was different from what healthy people do? Did we eat or drink something different? Did we use something toxic that we shouldn't have? Were we just in the wrong place at the wrong time? And are we ever going to get a real answer to this?

In the meantime, I still believe every avenue should be explored, no matter how far out there it seems. The only way to get answers is to keep checking everything. Who knows, maybe one day, the answer will be something stupid like licking the glue on an envelope that was filled with a toxin. Who knows.
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

You don't have to own a microwave to be exposed. They use them in all the restaurants and fast food places to heat the food right before they serve it to you. There is no way to really escape it today.
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I don't consider it a bunch of garbage at all. And I will state again that just because something isn't well known does not mean it does not cause harm. It can also cause further harm or prolong it.

If choosing to no longer microwave food helps some people, then they should know that there is information out there about it.

The same can be said of aluminum poisoning. Once I stopped drinking out of aluminum cans and stopped using aluminum deodorant, I no longer felt like something was attacking my central nervous system and I stopped collapsing on the ground. Do we ever hear much about aluminum poisoning? No. And yet, aluminum containing deodorant is sold and used every day and so are canned sodas. I'm better since I removed this.
  9. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Russia did ban the use of Microwaves in 1976. I am unsure how the laws in Russian work today.

I didn't write the article, I posted a clip from it.

Radar may have been "invented" in 1935, but it was put to use during WW2 and more commonly in the 50's thereafter. You'd have to ask the author of the article why they state the 50's.

None of this means there isn't a problem with Microwave cooking.