Information on Stressed Adrenals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Eve612, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

Where would one go to read about problems with the adrenals & symptoms? There just must be something I can do to get better than this...every morning I get up more tired than when I went to bed, & look forward all day to the time that I can go back to bed. I am so tired of being half alive & can't believe that there isn't some way to improve & feel good & have a little energy at least once in a while! I know that I have CFS & am hypothyroid, but wonder if there isn't more going on to feel this degree of fatigue. I do not want to go back to being bed ridden!

Tired in Texas,
    Eve
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

called "Adrenal Fatigue - The 21st Century Stress Syndrome" by James L. Wilson, ND, DC, PhD. There might be a web site, too.
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I was just going to ask if anyone know how you were, since I hadn't seen you on in awhile. I'm sorry you are having so many problems. Have you seen an endocrinologist? That might be helpful as long as he/she is current on FMS/CFS. You can look for books on different sites like Barnes and Noble. On their home page there is a search box. Type in Adrenal glands, and it should bring something up. I hope you feel better.
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

someone else posted an adrenal stress/fatigue (or something) question too, someone referred to Dr. Poesnecker's site. If you do an internet search on his name, you should find the site.
  5. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

I will check out the website & the book. I know I need some help. Here of late, much of the time, when I get up from a kneeling or sitting position, I get weak in the knees & very dizzy....this is a new one. I hope that I won't make my Dr. mad, asking her for a referral to an endo, but I intend to do that. I feel I need more things checked, including my adrenals, than she is doing. There is one from the "good Dr. list" in Corpus Christi, so I think that I would be in good hands. Now I have to decide whether to wait till my next apt on the 2nd of September or call & get it moved up....

Eve
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I would also suggest that you get checked for Neurally Mediated Hypotension while you are at it. It could be what is causing you to feel dizzy when you stand up. It can also cause increased fatigue.

What happens is that when you stand up your BP drops and instead of regulating itself like most people'd does it stays low and that causes the dizziness and increased fatigue. Some say it is related to adrenal fatigue, although I know I've had a mild problem with it for years and years.

Barbara
  7. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

I take medication for high blood pressure...is it possible to have both conditions? It just seems that so many weird things are happening to me now, & I'm so confused to where or what kind of Dr I need to go to that can address all of these things...

Eve