Infrared sauna?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by holiday16, Jan 1, 2009.

1. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

Has anyone else trying using an IR sauna? My parents have one so I finally decided to try it. I did my second session yesterday and I've noticed a big improvement. I do have to say I've been doing many things over the past 10 years so I've gotten to a point where I'm pretty much functioning at a normal level, but I'm still stiff in the mornings and have trouble getting up.

This morning I was so much better and I'm wide awake after sleeping about 5 hours! I have not felt like this in years! I also have been dealing with tennis elbow for over 9 months which has gotten severe and it's doing much better. I'm going to keep doing it. It seems to be doing quite a detox as I feel really bad right afterwards, but by the end of the day and the next morning I feel great.

I have Fibromyalgia (not CFS), but when I looked up IR sauna on pubmed I came up with this link:

Very interesting. Has anyone else tried this and gotten good results as well?

2. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Anyone who has suffed with tennis elbow will agree that it is relentless. Mine was caused from painting of all things and the pain went on and on for 6 months. Finally, I stopped using my right arm- put it in a sling. Used the mouse with my left hand, which was tricky at first, but ok after practice. Within 2 weeks, my elbow and arm were fine. This happened 2 years ago and I haven't had a problem since then.

The other day I was in a flare. My feet, legs, hips, back, arms all hurt so bad that I just went to bed to get away from the pain. It took forever to go to sleep even with trazadone and gabapentin. I woke up in the night sweating like breaking a fever- I was soaked. The next morning when I got up, the pain was completely gone. So, I thought that it was possible that toxins were the cause of the pain and a regular sauna would be helpful. I'll check out this site and other posts

I haven't been on this site for awhile. I was fairly obsessed so decided I'd better stop spending the extra time in front of the computer, but it's nice to be able to check it out once in a while.

3. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

I absolutely love IR Saunas.
    I have CFS/FM for 10 yrs. and my first experience with the IR Sauna was at our State Fair about 5 yrs ago. My husband couldn't get me out. I didn't want to go home, I was perfectly contect to stay forever. When I finally got out I felt magnificent.

If you go to the search section on the top of this and type in "Infrared Saunas" you will see the conversations we had just a couple of weeks ago on this very item.

Some guy bought one for $250 off of Craigs list, I was so envious.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Hi Paulette, I bought a Saunangel off Craigslist about a month ago. ($200) I've used it probably 10 times. I have CFIDS/Fibro. Haven't noticed any improvement yet. I set mine for 130 degrees and try to stay in for 30 minutes. Then shower immediately.

I had company for almost 2 weeks and they were in my spare room, with my sauna. So, kind of got out of my morning routine. Need to get back to it. Glad you're seeing such great results.