ingrown hairs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Aug 31, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

do any of you guys get bad ingrown hairs? I've had them all year under my chin and this seems to have happened before when I am flaring. I can't find anything that seems to help. I wash my face alot and use the antibiotic creams. I've tried green clay too. I eat right for the most part and drink plenty of water ( 100 oz/day) so its purely ingrown hairs but what works????????? Thanks....
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

do any of you guys get bad ingrown hairs? I've had them all year under my chin and this seems to have happened before when I am flaring. I can't find anything that seems to help. I wash my face alot and use the antibiotic creams. I've tried green clay too. I eat right for the most part and drink plenty of water ( 100 oz/day) so its purely ingrown hairs but what works????????? Thanks....
  3. ali-may

ali-may New Member

you can either go to the pharmacist and ask for some stuff to apply to the area. this will help the old dead skin to come off so that the hair can poke through to the surface. this only seems to work with hairs that aren't too badly ingrown, though. plus these types of lotions are chemical solutions - not good if you have a sensitivity.

alternatively you could visit an electrolysist. often they have a small sharp instrument that is able to get under the surface of the top skin layers and pull out hair. while you're there, get the added bonus of an electrolysis treatment on all of the hairs. after a certain amount of treatments, the hairs will stop growing back again.

i wonder what it is that makes them worse before a flare?

hope this helps,
    alison
  4. ali-may

ali-may New Member

have you tried exfoliating your face with a gentle scrub? get a natural brand of exfoliating scrub, such as Kosmea which contains rosehip oil and other good ingredients. doing this regularly may be enough to stop the dead skin from building up.

alison
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good thread, so though I would bump it up for others.
    So far I don't have this problem, but its good to know how to deal with it.

Shalom, Shirl