INJECTIONS doe anyone get them to help the pain of fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, May 30, 2006.

1. My dr. has given me some injections that help for a time in the hip/top of leg area. Does anyone else find they help?
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I had an injection in my shoulder which seemed to help. My next visit I am going to check into one for my hip also. I get this pain that feels like its going to the bone everytime I walk or place pressure on that leg. Hope it will help. I hate this type of pain!!

Dawn
  3. that is how mine feels, do you also have trouble lying on your sides as the pain hurts alot? I have tried ice and heat, sometimes it helps, sometimes not.
  4. justplainmom

justplainmom New Member

Just one injection in Feb. helped my hip pain immensely! I was unable to lie down in any position comfortably and was having trouble walking before that.

The lying on my side difficulty really didn't go away. My physical therapist told me to sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees. It took a few nights to get used to, but it really is helping. I bought one of those memory foam mattresses and a neck pillow, too. I was surprised at how much they do help.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Fibrobutterfly:

I have asked my doctor for injections and he says 'Absolutely not'. Why not? I do not know.

nyrofan
  6. mimi932446

mimi932446 Guest

I take weekly injections prescribed by my doc and they have been a tremendous help with the pain, can't do without them. When I overdo physically, of course I pay for it.
  7. ohmygoodness

ohmygoodness New Member

I am convinced that along with my fibro I also have myofascial trigger point issues. these can be treated with cortisone shots in the trigger point. Acupuncture can also be used and I hope that this works for me as I don't really want to get cortisone shots as I have at least 10 trigger points that feel like marbles. They really feel different. When I have a "flare up" it affects my elbows, knees, fingers in a different painful way. this other is totally different. I got cortisone shots in my heels today and I have to say I was not impressed and it hurt and many say it is not long lasting. The acupuncture is supposed to work on these trigger points as well, but perhaps in a kinder gentler way? I'll see I guess on June 12..I'll let you all know. They do say that when you get the cortisone it is a direct hit and maybe lidocaine is needed in the area and that all the toxic stuff is released and it causes you some more pain. Hmmm, that's what I read on a acupuncture site.
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Yes, I do have trouble lying on one side in particular, my left side, but mostly because of my knee. Strange? My left hip hurts to walk, or walking hard. My right foot recently started to crack as I walk! Especially first thing in the morning. Its not too painful, I can handle it.

Dawn
  9. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

Never worked for me...always threw me into a worse flare up.
  10. ThinkPostive

ThinkPostive New Member

I have had many in my left shoulder, however my left knee has been really acting up.

Had went up to 6 Tramadol and day and went back to the rhumey and he injected both left shoulder and left knee. For two days not much pain there at all.

Yesterday, (got the shots on Monday) I used no Tramdol at all.

Good luck,
    Cheri