Inner Ear issuesetc...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joee, Sep 5, 2003.

1. joee

joee New Member

Hi
    I am new here. I suffer from Interstitial Cystitis andI always had inner ear issues. Presently on prozac and xanax because when I get off balanced I get very panicky. I have noticed since my inner ear issues started this yr, I have had tmj pain, pain in the neck, in the trapesiues region. I was reading a book saying trigger points can affect balance if in certain regions.I had a masseus come here yesterday for the first time and she could feel all the "knots" especially in my lower neck and upper back. She said this could be the cause of my jaw pain. Which I am starting to believe via my inner ear system. I havent been officially dx with Fibro, but I know I got it. Any help would be appreciated-Joee
  2. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

It could be the SCM trigger points that could be makeing your Pain worse.
    I just recently was dx with TMJ and Mastoditis, I had an inner ear infection when I was young that wasn't treated, now when my neck hurt's, because of the Disc's that need surgery soon it can set off Pain in my Ear, and my Jaw.
    I also have been having a bad time getting my Dentures, which are new, to fit right, and this is causing the TMJ pain, almost as soon as I wear them. SO Idon't wear them as much as I should, or Want.

If you check out Myofascial Chronic Pain, and Trigger Points, you might find that treating them with your Masseaus' help can reduce a lot of the Pain.
    Good luck to you, hope you find some relief.

I do take the xanax, and also the Soma for my ear problems and tmj. now.

Sincerely,
    sharonk