inner ear problems? my miracle cure....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Donna39, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

I just wanted to share with everyone,especially the ones that have problems with inner ear fluid,hearing weird sounds,allergies,bascially your typical tinnitis.
    I have struggled for years with this problem and nothing I tried would help.The worst part for me was at night,when I went to lay my head down, all I could hear was this swooshing sound, and the beat of my heart.It was so loud I could never go to sleep,this would cause alot of anxiety and since I could hear my heart rhythm this would only make it worst. The faster my heart would beat,the louder it became.It is like listening to a baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound.Anyways,I have been doing alot of searching on the internet and ran across an article on inner ear and fluid build-up. It stated that taking a waterpill will release the fluid.Of course I ran out to get some and I was in total SHOCK that it actually worked.The very first night too!
    I feel like this is a miracle cure for me. I have had this for so long and nothing the doctors gave me would even come close.Anyone that has this knows the frustration and the anxiety it can cause.I am so HAPPY because this is one less thing I have to deal with now.I just wish that it could be this simple and easy for all the other things we have to deal with,don't you?Has anyone else tried this?
    hugzzzzz-Donna
  2. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

to get some water pills....i have the same problem and hope it helps also..
    thanks for the treatment and all the research you did on this...

i'll let you know if it helps me also..

take care and thanks again...crissy
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have only had this once or twice in my life, but would like to know the name of the water pills you are talking about (no web sites please!).

I am thin and could not take them for any period of time, but it sounds like you said this was a one time thing? or am I reading wrong??

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

These are just your regular over-the-counter water pills. I take the aquaban gel tabs.You can find them usually where the diet meds are in a store or a drug store.I only take one ,and that has so far done the trick for me.At first I was kind of skeptical about it,I couldn't believe that something so simple and cheap could possibly work.So I didn't take one the next day,and found myself lying in the bed that night listening to my heart beat again.I immediately got up and took one and it was gone again.
    Now don't take this the wrong way,I'm glad that my heart is beating,and it does sound really healthy.I JUST DON"T WANT TO HEAR IT ALL NIGHT!!It was really driving me crazy.
    I really hope that this (miracle)will do the same for you guys.These also come in caffenne-free too,I use those.
    My head actually clears up from these.I can breathe and hear better too. Let me know what happens.
    Take Care,
    Donna
  5. babyzee

babyzee New Member

I had constant ear problems until I stopped drinking milk.
    I also take vitamin C supplements; these seem to help a lot with ear problems.
    ALSO - I've heard that lowering your salt intake helps. I tried that once and it worked like a charm. All 3 of the above are a good idea for anyone in ANY case.
    Water pills? Do you mean diuretics?? I'll have to keep that in mind.

6. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

i just got the less expensive one: Nature's Bounty Extra Strength Water Pill. Natural Herbbal Diuretic Fortified with Potassium....50 tablets. took 1 around 5:30 p.m. (about 1 1/2 hours ago) nothing yet....i'll wait and wait and wait for that noise to stop or lessen...hope it works for all of us....

thanks...crissy
  7. Jeanne333

Jeanne333 New Member

Hi Donna & everyone,

I've had the inner ear problem for years. Was given a script for Antivert, which is especially for the inner ear fluid problem. Is cheap, generic, and works wonders. It works directly on the labrynth (sp?), the gyroscope thingee in our ears that keeps us on balance.

I always keep a fresh suppy on hand. I find that if I go overboard with writing(I'm a freelance writer) or reading, my head will really swim. So I restrict those activities when the woozies return.

Jeanne
  8. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

would of responded as well as I did to the water pill.I don't know why,but it stopped mine right in its tracks.I am just so happy that I can go to sleep at night without hearing those annoying sounds.This has truely been a miracle for me.I just take one in the morning and no more the rest of the day.I don't take it again ,unless those strange noises start swooshing around in my head.Who knows why it would so well for me,I don't even care to question it either.It hasn't caused me to keep running to the bathroom either,which I expected.But then again,like someone mentioned I wouldn't be able to tell, cause I go so much already-lol. I hope and pray that it will help someone else here.I know that everyone was hoping for a miracle and maybe it still will come.Everyone is in my prays.
    Donna
  9. jolly

jolly New Member

I don't know what anybody else is hearing, but mine is exactly the sound you hear on a summer/spring night - like crickets...or kadydids I've learned since. I find it very calming. Now the heart swoosh thing I could do without, but I dont' hear that unless I put earplugs in (like when the g'kids have cartoons on). Jo Ellen
  10. dannybex

dannybex Member

...with fibro and CFIDS. I've had it off and on for about 18 years, but has gotten worse during the last 2-3 years as my chronic fatigue has worsened. Also during the last 2 years I've noticed a scabby, itchy problem with first one ear, then the other, so now I'm convinced it's all caused by a candida overgrowth. Will work on reducing the candida, and see what happens in a couple months...

Best of luck to all.

Dan

p.s. (A water pill or diuretic is an interesting idea. I might try it, but like one of the other posters on the board said, I already "go" quite frequently, so don't think it would work for me. But I'm open to anything. Tinnitus has many, many causes...)
  11. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

didn't work but i'll give it a few more days..nothing happened not even more restroom trips...

sad....crissy...
  12. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

but now the insanely loud ringing in my ears covers that up. Would this water pill help the ringing? I've lost over 15 decibles of hearing because of this strange ringing problem that started when I suddnely had tonsilitus (sp?) 5 times in 6 months. As soon as it gets quiet all I hear is this loud...very very loud...ringing in my ears. It has taken me over 6 months to learn how to sleep with that awful noise. The docs are clueless as to what may help..as per usual. lol If you give me a yes or maybe on it helping the ringing I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

P.S. Donna...Isn't it strange that hearing your heart beat suddenly makes you anxious? It used to cause me to honestly 'freak out' and I'd get out of bed. You'd think hearing your heart beating would be reassuring but it's actually kind of scary. I have a heart condition so my heart skips a lot of beats and has odd beating patterns and it would just drive me up the wall with fear that my heart was going to stop beating. *shakes her head* I'm kind of glad the ringing has replaced the swooshing now that I think about it. :p Sorry for babbling.
  13. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

About it making you anxious.I cannot stand it!!It will start off slow and the longer I lay there and listen the faster it would go.Now I am in a PANIC MODE!!I try to just relax,but it doesn't work.A doctor told me one time that,its not your heart beat that you hear,its the blood flowing.So I guess thats why if you have fluid in the inner-ear it will amplify what you are hearing. All I know is that the water pill stops it, and I thank god everyday too,because I have enough problems with no sleep as it is.
    Take care,
    Donna