Inosine? Immunovir?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renjanson, Feb 9, 2009.

1. renjanson

renjanson New Member

Has anyone tried either of these? Or know anything about them?

First one is over the counter and second is prescription.

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

immunovir is rx you can order from canada. it is an immune stimulant often used in CFS and AIDS. i heard it helps somewhat.

inosine is the main ingredient in immunovir.

[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2009]
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I have used inosine, it is an amino acid supplement which is said to be not to different to imunovir although alot more costly. I found it improved most symptoms like sleep , fatigue and aches and pains. This only lasted a couple of months then effects stopped working. It is recommended to use it couple of months on and a couple of months off. I dont think its a cure but will give you some relief for awhile. Im persuing antivirals now and having alot more success.

The above link has some info on inosine/imunovir.
    I may try it again soon too.
    good luck

4. renjanson

renjanson New Member

Thank you both for replying and leading me to the article.

I just started on the inosine yesterday.

What antivirals are you trying, heapsreal? My doctor is very open to what I would like to try.

[This Message was Edited on 02/10/2009]
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

My cfs thing started with chickenpox and ebv both which are herpees infections, this was in 2002. Im in australia and here we cant get our levels of antibodies to ebv tested they will only tell us negative or positive. A test my doc uses is a lymphocyte subset test which i have always been elevated and indicates some type of ongoing probably viral infection. My doc assumed it was ebv reactivation. I have been taking famvir (antiviral) now for approx 14 weeks and have noticed I havent crashed, energy is slowly improving but with me pre famvir I would crash every few weeks and any gains I had made would be gone , then it was time to start all over again. I have recently had this test done and will get results soon, if my lymphocytes have decreased its also an indicate that the antivirals are working.

I also recommend getting sleep sorted, good quality slepp how ever you can get it, medication herbs etc, this goes along way to helping you feel much better and you want recover with poor sleep.

Good luck
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

immunovir is good when taken with antivirals. depending on which virus is active, you may need valtrex/famvir and/or valcyte.

best of luck