Inoslitol hepaphosphate, IP-6

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roro, Sep 13, 2002.

1. roro

roro New Member

I have been having a bad flare for about a month. I have hepatitis C and CFS, among other things. I went to my dr last night at the end of my rope. He said my tests are all normal, except for the low cortisol, and did not reccommend any more tests, and just thinks its a bad flare. which I tried taking cortef for the cortisol but it didnt work. He said its so low maybe I need more, and I was reluctant to try it again, not sure if it made me worse or not, because it is contraindicated in hepatitis.
    Anyway, he gave me new supplements to take, and I felt better IMMEDIATELY. After being sick a month! he suggested IV vitamin C drip, but it takes 4 hours and I am having trouble scheduling it since I gotta work next week, so he gave me some oral stuff in the meantime. I got an oral vitamin C solution, which is 10g a day (with the tablets, cant take that much because of diarhea) and in immune enhance powder, I was looking at the ingredients to see if there's anything new that I was not already taking, and there is IP-6, 200 mg, and beta1-3 glucan 50 mg. So its probably the IP-6. I looked this stuff up and it seems it is used mostly for treating cancer. I havent found anything about it for hepatitis or CFS. Has anyone ever tried it or know anything about it. I wish I knew about it when my dad had cancer before he died.
  2. roro

roro New Member

I have been having a bad flare for about a month. I have hepatitis C and CFS, among other things. I went to my dr last night at the end of my rope. He said my tests are all normal, except for the low cortisol, and did not reccommend any more tests, and just thinks its a bad flare. which I tried taking cortef for the cortisol but it didnt work. He said its so low maybe I need more, and I was reluctant to try it again, not sure if it made me worse or not, because it is contraindicated in hepatitis.
    Anyway, he gave me new supplements to take, and I felt better IMMEDIATELY. After being sick a month! he suggested IV vitamin C drip, but it takes 4 hours and I am having trouble scheduling it since I gotta work next week, so he gave me some oral stuff in the meantime. I got an oral vitamin C solution, which is 10g a day (with the tablets, cant take that much because of diarhea) and in immune enhance powder, I was looking at the ingredients to see if there's anything new that I was not already taking, and there is IP-6, 200 mg, and beta1-3 glucan 50 mg. So its probably the IP-6. I looked this stuff up and it seems it is used mostly for treating cancer. I havent found anything about it for hepatitis or CFS. Has anyone ever tried it or know anything about it. I wish I knew about it when my dad had cancer before he died.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry I am not familiar with what you are taking either. I had a friend with Hepatitis and he treats it with the vitamin C powder. He also take 'Essiac Tea' by the Resperin Corporation, it is also used for cancer, and like you I wish I had know about the Essiac when my Father and Mother died of cancer.

Hope someone else can help you here with this. If not I will see what I can find in my books for you or the web.

You take care, and I am glad you found something that works for you.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]