inquiring mind wants to know...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jentilone, Aug 28, 2002.

1. jentilone

jentilone New Member

errrr.....hum...ok, well here's a "run-down"of my illness ...
    I have been DX with asthma since I was a small child, FM, hypothyroidism, & tachacardia(sp?)for the last year, chronic lyme disease since about 2 years ago, and I also have depression, ptsd, and I am a ex-addict.
    I’m 29 and on a good cocktail of meds for most of these though I try most of the time to stay away from the non herbal treatments. I am currently only taking Vioxx for pain. Being an ex-addict I worry about taking a narcotic for anything. I’m pretty good with going to see my doc, but I often wait ‘till I have several problems before going to see her. <<<blushing>>> I’ do however see a psychotherapist once a week and have even tried hypnosis to block the pain. I also try to meditate every time I have a bad flare up...(HA! this is pretty hard to do as you may well know) ok, So, with all that being said, I would like to know if there’s anyone out there who has tried the homeopathic route to help with pain? And if so, how well did it help and what did you do?
  2. jentilone

jentilone New Member

errrr.....hum...ok, well here's a "run-down"of my illness ...
    I have been DX with asthma since I was a small child, FM, hypothyroidism, & tachacardia(sp?)for the last year, chronic lyme disease since about 2 years ago, and I also have depression, ptsd, and I am a ex-addict.
    I’m 29 and on a good cocktail of meds for most of these though I try most of the time to stay away from the non herbal treatments. I am currently only taking Vioxx for pain. Being an ex-addict I worry about taking a narcotic for anything. I’m pretty good with going to see my doc, but I often wait ‘till I have several problems before going to see her. <<<blushing>>> I’ do however see a psychotherapist once a week and have even tried hypnosis to block the pain. I also try to meditate every time I have a bad flare up...(HA! this is pretty hard to do as you may well know) ok, So, with all that being said, I would like to know if there’s anyone out there who has tried the homeopathic route to help with pain? And if so, how well did it help and what did you do?
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We do have a few members that have tried Homeopathic Medicine on the board, hopefully they will answer and share their experience with you.

I know what you mean about meds, the only one I take is Xanax, a low dose in the evening for 'racing brain'.

Other than that I take supplements and herbs, and a whole lot of homegrown things to relieve the pain.

Take care.

Shalom, Shirl

4. jentilone

jentilone New Member

What kind of supplements, herbs, and homegrown things do you take to relieve the pain? I went to a herbologist who "prescribed" a "FM tea"; it has scullcap, passion flower, hops, prickly ash and lobelia in it. I also know about some to relax you like chamomile, ect. but unfortunately, they really don't do much for me. :(
  5. Suze

Suze New Member

Jen, I've seen homeopathy do some remarkable stuff, but the trick is to find a skilled homeopath. If I still lived near one, I'd definitely take my FMS to him/her and give homeopathy a shot.

Suze