Inquiry About Not Sleeping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tiger, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Just a word of thanks to many of you for your replies to my inquiry about "Not Sleeping." There was a lot of information which seems helpful! There is so.... much great information and wonderful suggestions from members that I am not sure where to begin. I think that right now I am going to try using the Herb Valerian and see how that works! Other suggestions that were useful I will incopororate along the way.
    Also, if anyone else has any suggestions or support I would love to hear from you.
    Keep in touch!
    Will post more later
  2. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Just a word of thanks to many of you for your replies to my inquiry about "Not Sleeping." There was a lot of information which seems helpful! There is so.... much great information and wonderful suggestions from members that I am not sure where to begin. I think that right now I am going to try using the Herb Valerian and see how that works! Other suggestions that were useful I will incopororate along the way.
    Also, if anyone else has any suggestions or support I would love to hear from you.
    Keep in touch!
    Will post more later
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Valerian Root is a good choice to start with. Many have gotten help sleeping with it. They claim that it is the alternative in natural medicine to Valumin. I wish that I could take it myself, but it does not agree with me. But I am an odd ball sometimes with meds and herbs!

I wish you luck, sleep in the most important thing with Fibro and CFS.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, just be sure when you take Valerian, like most herbs that you drink at least a full 8 ounce glass of water with the herb, it is necessary for it to be disolved in your system. By the way, you can also buy Valerin in tea bags, but it does smell really bad, I would say like 'dirty socks'! But if it does not have this odor, it is not fresh or not a good quality of Valerian.

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2002]
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Tiger, I don't know if you saw this post, so am bumping it up for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Just a word of thanks for your reply! I just started taking the Valerian and don't know yet exactly how it is working for me. I will give it a couple of weeks at least to see what the effect is.
    I will post more in the near future.