Ins. taking away Ambien, replaced with Lunesta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vp, Oct 31, 2005.

1. vp

vp New Member

Just a quick question, how many have swithced from ambien, even though it works well for you. Is Lunesta a good substitute? I have so much trouble finding meds that work, and now ins. has to throw a wrench into things too.

!~VENT~ I hope it works. I have exams and finals coming up soon, now is not the time to play around. ~VENT~!

I've read tthrough a few posts, but it seems all have swiched because of intolerance to one or the other.

Valerie
  2. maripat

maripat New Member

Hi Valerie,

I was taking Ambien for awhile it worked ok. But when I changed to Lunesta I was finally sleeping through the night 8 - 10 hours. Even if I do wake up I am able to fall right back to sleep. I hope you have good results.

maripat
  3. vp

vp New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Time will tell. Who knows maybe it will work better for me. Just frustrating to always have to change meds for one reason or another.

Valerie
  4. maripat

maripat New Member

It really is a juggling act. I am in the process of going off a med and increasing one and starting another. This is after I "thought" I had the right combo of stuff.
    maripat
  5. Toga

Toga Member

after being on Ambien for a few years. I'm back on Ambien. Lunesta made me dopey for half the next day and I had a terrrible metallic taste in my mouth. I couldn't take it.

Hope my insurance doesn't start giving me problems.

Toga
  6. sofy

sofy New Member

I have been taking Lunesta since it came out early this year. It almost always puts me to sleep within 30 min and I do not wake up drugged but if most often gives me only 5-6 hrs. On a really good night I will get 7 hrs and boy is that great.

I do feel that my quality of sleep is 100% better. Before if I ever did get to sleep it was like a Mother with a sick child who wont let herself fall into a deep sleep so she can hear the tiniest of movement of her child.

Now when I go to sleep I am not aware of my surrounding at all & that is helping me to get better. Without sleep no matter what we do we wont get better.