Insect bites swell so fast and are so painful !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0808, Apr 29, 2009.

1. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I have always suffered straight away with any kind of bite but since getting severe fibro 10 years ago it is ssoooo much worse !

Any kind of little insect that bites will make me swelll up in 10 seconds and ALWAYS gets infected.The bites can last for weeks and the pain is awful.
    I have the anti-histamine tablets and cream but it is still an ordeal coping with it.My clothes can make it worse because they touch the bites....and if I accidently knock them..........YOOOWEEEEE!!!

Anyone one else suffer like this???

2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

You can try one of the triple antibiotic ointments. Those help. Or you can try a simple facial clay, like the one from Burt's Bee's. It will take down the inflammation and help with infection. Another thing that works is Clearasil. I use Clearasil for small cuts and stuff. It dries it right up and will also help with infection.

To prevent insect bites, one of the best things is to grease up with Avon's SS oil or basically any other mineral oil. It's icky and messy, but they can't get you much through the oil.
  3. outofstep

outofstep Member

Bites on me always get swollen immediately and then last for a long time and are terribly itchy and painful-no infection though.

What's been helping is "extra strength Benadryl itch stopping cream". The active ingredients are Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (analgesic-it rules) and zinc acetate (skin protectant). CVS also make an great Diphenhydramine hydrochloride spray called "Instant Itch Relief Spray". For some reason I'm thinking that you're in the UK-if so you should at least be able to get the Benadryl.

This summer I'm checking out the Burt's Bees herbal insect repellant to see if the bites can be avoided altogether :)