Insomnia and blue computer screens

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Prunella, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Prunella

Prunella New Member

There was an article in Science News magazine this week that said that looking at a blue light like that of a computer screen can reset your biological clock. If you look at a computer screen in the evening, your body thinks it is morning and therefore you have trouble falling asleep.

So here it is evening, my favorite time to use the computer, and I am going to cut this short and try to reschedule my computer time! The article said TV in the evening is not good either.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

That's interesting. I tend to fall asleep in front of the TV. BUT, if I wake up in the middle of the night and turn on the tv it tends to wake me up more.

Thanks for the post.

Sofi
  3. Prunella

Prunella New Member

I am surprised there aren't many more responses to this!
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I agree, very interesting because I sit here at night and fall asleep many times in front of the computer. I try very hard to stay awake and read posts but have fallen asleep writing to 2 posts, finding out the next morning that I froze one of the posts, for myself, and typed many p's on one. Also have found myself leaning over the keyboard with letters in my face. Then on the other hand, I'm not sure I really have a schedule.

As for TV, I can watch it anytime but maybe I shouldn't.

Very interesting article. Thank you prunella.

BlueSky555
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is most intersting. Yes, it often surprises me that when people post with something that can really make a difference that people do not respond, BUT I do think they read it. I think this is valid information, as I do think sleeping in a totally dark room with NO electronics in there also is huge.

Love Anne C
  6. Prunella

Prunella New Member

7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thank you for the info. Computers are not good for us. They cause me so much problems with sensory overload. The magnetic force field they produce are not healthy yet it is my and many others on this board life line to the world now.

I have changed the resoultion and colors on my computer to help me as much as possible. After staying on it for even a short time, I can become very nausated. The muscles around my eyes become very sore and I have had to learn how to massage them. I just read that if the muscles around your eye stay irritated you have a very high chance of getting one of the serious eye conditions. If I remember correctly and I might not, it was mauclar degeneration.

I had no idea that it could keep me awake also.