Insomnia Passiflora

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Jul 29, 2006.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I went off Elavil which I was on for eight years and the insomnia is terrible. I had such a hard time going off it I dont want to go back on it again. I am also allergic to additives in most meds.

I am now taking a herb called Passiflora. Unfortunately the one I am on contains additives which I know dont agree with me but I get a good nights sleep using it. I also use Lavander on the pillow and that is also good to relax you. I feel better going off all meds. and dont feel as groggy the following day.

I also take vitb6, Pantionic acid, selinium, and zinc. I avoid caffiene and stay off dairy and chocolate which contains caffiene. I miss chocolate but I used to get hives from it.

Mary
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Just wanted to tell you I have been waiting to hear from you, I love your paintings!

Be well,
    Hugz,
    Tona
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I was wondering if you had ever tried melatonin and valerian and maybe a little magnesium. That has helped me some along with the pain meds. I take throughout the day.
  4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Nytex. It has melatonin, magnesium, valerian, vitamin e, b3/b6/b12 and procidin and suntheanine. It is a natural way for me to unwind after a hard, using borrowed energy, workday. It's pricey, however ($30). I know that there are cheaper alternatives using similar ingredients.
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

a product called deep sleep. It works wonders. I have to take 3 though and it's 18 bucks a bottle. taking 2 it only lasts a month so 3 it doesnt last a month. It's one of my have to haves. Maybe I'll try what you're doing too so my body doesnt get use to it, kinda alternate each month.

Speaking of sleep, once i get my shopping done i'm going home to FALL into my bed and probably stay htere all freaking day! I'm so exhausted.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

These are all welcome suggestions. Thanks

Anne C