Inspiration ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jul 31, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Inspiration ...

The Power to Reduce Pain

We may not have the power to take away 100 percent of our pain, but we do possess the power to reduce our pain and its effects. This is known as managing our pain.

It is the ability we have to bring about change and the way we react to our pain, so we may lead a full and productive lifestyle.

This concept alone is useless without our participation. We are in charge of using our powers; not the doctors, our spouses, or our friends. Our powers are ours and it is up to us to use them accordingly.

Finding and learning how to use the powers within may take time to develop. There will be times of triumphs and times of disappointments. But eventually we will have learned how to reduce, manage, and live with our pain.

From "Living with Chronic Pain One Day At A Time" by Mark Allen Zabawa
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I do love these inspirational messages. I agree that there are many ways to manage pain. Fear is a big barrier but we have more control that we think.
    Thanks for some thought provoking stuff.

Take Care
    Kathy.
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I know this is true, but it's so easy to forget at times. One thing that I have to remind myself over and over, is no one can make me feel sad, bad, angry, happy, etc etc. It's even harder to get that I have some control over how I feel with dealing with pain.

Guess life is truly a learning expeience from the day we are born until we die. Or at least it should be.

Thanks for this inspiring post.
    Barb

4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I just read your Bio. What a wonderful life you have . I am sorry about the pain you live with. It is like that old saying "you think you have it bad? look around someone else has it worse". I do wish you much peace and a painless day.

I lived by Ft. Knox for several years and still have dear friends there. I love KY. Your farm sounds wonderful also. I love strawberries. We are hopefully moving to Ohio ,up from cincy.

I just wanted to say hi and get to know you a little cause it looks like we will be neighbors lol. Ky would be one of the places I'd love to live enjoy it.

Thanks for the post to I am trying to live my life with positive thinking .It gives me control I even believe over some of the pain.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

fight: Thanks for asking about me. I haven't been doing well for quite some time. I am about to get over the knee surgery that I just had in my right knee == just in time to get ready for the left knee's surgery on Aug. 17th! I hope these surgeries will stall my need for total knee replacements until next year!

carebelle: So you're moving close to Cincinnati! I just live down the river--about a 2+ hr. drive! I hope you like it! I live in a small rural town, which I have grown to love--don't think I would want to live in the big city! My "middle" daughter just moved back home from Columbus where she did her residency and was sooooo glad to get out of that town! She had stalkers, and all kinds of nightmares there!!

Hugs,
    Janet

P.S. Can't write any more now! It's 2:17 am and I have to get to bed now!!! LOL
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

We are moving closer to Dayton 's side in between Cincy and Dayton. I like the smaller towns to. My husband is going to teach at a medical school there. Hopefully to help turn out more compassionate and knowledgeable PA's .

He's retired Army and worked for 13 years still in army ortho clinics and now is pursuing his life long dream to teach medicine.He will be a Professor and I am very proud of him.

So I know how bad you are having it with your knees.I'm so sorry you have to go through this.It does seem like you take a long time to get well from it.I hope you feel better soon.
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I went with my daughter to Dayton a few years ago when she went to a hospital there to interview with them regarding accepting a residency there after she graduated from medical school!

Janet

P.S. Hope you enjoy your stay there!
  8. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I ordered the cd's from Dr. Wayne Dyer about inspiration. I loved them but even more i had a friend that listened to them and they have changed his life.I paid 365.00 for them and found that to be a little much. Considering what they did for my much loved friend a dollar a day for a year was not to much.

Enjoyed your post.Thanks Dianne