Insurance Companies Suck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annabella39, Nov 1, 2005.

1. annabella39

annabella39 New Member

I have Pacificare and they are the WORST insurance company ever. They are constantly giving me problems. My doctor prescribed Concerta for me to help with my brain fog and they have deemed it unnecessary and not within the description of FMS/CFS. So I've lost my job partly because my brain won't function normally and my hope for returning to some sort of normalcy is gone. I can't even concentrate long enough to look for a job. I'm exhausted. I'm pretty much hating life at this point.
  2. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Yes, nothing irritates me more than the insurance company telling your doctor what he can and cannot do for you. I always have to take my drug formulary with me and tell the doctor he must pick something from tier 1 or tier 2 on my formulary or I won't be able to afford it!
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Your Insurance commissioner today.
    I don't have that co. But mine tried the same crap.
    I called my commissioner and now I have the script. Give him or her all the facts and a letter from your doctor as to the reason you need this med.

Good luck
    Sue
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

w/ the insurance commissioner. Since he (or she) is usually the president of an insurance company who was appointed by the governor, your odds are not good.

The Los Angeles Times did a report some year ago on the Insurance Commission in California. In the last ten years it has NEVER taken any action against any insurance company.

I filed a complaint once. And of course it (the commission) did nothing except send me a form letter.

Now we have Gov. Arrrrrnold. I do not expect any improvement.