insurance companies!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Oct 1, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

UGH, a major insurance came to my work today, you know the ones, they want you to get their cancer ins, life ins, disability ins, etc.
    Well, the only one I was interested in getting at first was the disability insurance. So, we're going through all this stuff, and then he gets to the "magic" 3 little questions, the first one being "Have you been diagnosed with ..........", and lo and behold Fibromyalgia (so is CFS) are on that stupid long list!
    So, my question is this:
    Since these insurance companies are recognizing our chronic conditions, why are there so many doctors and health care fields that aren't up to date on them????

Sorry, just had to vent, it just really pissed in my wheaties first thing this morning.

Oh yeah, and then I tried to get the term life policy on myself and was denied that because I had a partial hysterctomy this past June! UGH!!!!!!! What the heck are people to do?!?!?!

Thanks for listening to my venting!!!!

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm really surprised the partial hysterectomy is considered a pre-existing condition. Wait a minute... no I'm not. Unfortunately, I've learned that many procedures like that are pre-existing conditions thanks to all the non-stop media about Healthcare. Which is good really. We need to be having this debate.

It's a terrible state-of-affairs right now with health insurance and life etc.... I saw that The Hartford Insurance Co. considers CFS and FMS to be pre-existing conditions and you can't get Life Insurance from them if you have these DDs.

I was also recently turned down for Long-term Care Insurance because I have CFS and FMS. This is one of the reasons that it's good to not have a written diagnosis from a doctor for either of these illnesses unless you have to have it for Disability.

Hopefully, big changes will be made in the very near future to remedy this terrible situation. I've got my fingers crossed for you and for all of us.

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2009]
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

that ticks me off! I mean really tickes me off!
    It's not like you'll need surgery for it. don't get me started on insurance companies - any kind.

It is pretty ironic that it's mentioned on ins. company forms yet many Dr's don't even recognize it. Amazing.

What the h*ll does a partial hysterectomy has to do with term life insurance?????
    you need to check through a private ins. broker.