Insurance company as doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jake123, Aug 22, 2005.

1. jake123

jake123 New Member

So I guess the insurance company can now say somebody's pain medicine is not appropriate for fibromyalgia? If they are somewhere, not in your hometown, and they have never seen you, how do they know?
    I have complained about pain so many times at the doctor that it is pitiful.
    My gosh, Merck just got sued. Are they going to try to save money this way?
  2. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

the whole system is corrupt and dishonest. Patients needs definatly take the back seat to bottom lines and profits.
    I will keep hoping for reform, but I won't put money on it happening in my lifetime!
    A
  3. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

from someone who used to work for one. I personally think it is ridiculous that someone without medical training gets to make decisions about your health care. I don't think that the people that work for insurance companies get enough training (and their laws/pratices change so often it is impossible to keep track), and we frequently had no idea what we were doing. I'm know that many, many claims get denied when they should be paid. The insurance company is always looking out for their best interest and never for yours.

I guess this point only really hit home for me when I became sick. I was a claims reviewer, and I am so glad that I don't work for an insurance company anymore. But it's scary knowing about the inner workings of one and how inept they are.

Jessica