INSURANCE COMPANY AUTHORIZED MY SURGERY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janie056, Jan 4, 2007.

1. janie056

janie056 New Member

It took three hours! I guess when they saw my MRI and records along with a letter from my doctor they quickly changed there minds. If they have any!

Thanks all,

Love to you,
    Jane
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Congrats... what is the surgery for though?
    Hugs
  3. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Jane:

I just answered your other post, but glad to see that your surgery has been authorized. You should still get it in writing...just in case.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so glad that you don't have that worry now. Having surgery and being in pain is stress enough. I hope it goes well for you.

Kathy
  5. janie056

janie056 New Member

I had the doctors office get it in writing with the authorization number.
    My surgery is on 1-17 , I am having spinal fusion on two levels. This will be my 5th back surgery, started at age 17! I fell when I was 13 and cracked my tailbone, and from there it was always something with my back!
    I actually beleive that is when my FM started. I started having pains in my legs all the time, told they were growing pains! Yeah sure, at 14 years old! Had a hysterectomy when I was 21 and have had aches and pains since!
    Oh well, I am now getting very anxious to get this over with, I sure hope I can get through this and not have another back surgery EVER!
    The good news about my back is that the MRI showed that the rest of my disks are in great shape!
    I have one cervical disk that gives me problems once in a while, like when I'm stressed as in today after being told the insurance company would not authorize it!
    This stress also put me in quite a flare and feel sick and well you all know how I feel. CRAPPY!

Love to you all,
    Jane