insurance company decides my MEDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, May 3, 2007.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I am so mad. I have GERD and hve found a med that works for me, Protonix. I went to get my refills yesterday and they filled all of them then informed me my insurance refussed to accept my Protonix.

I just got on Rex for disability in march and they informed me that the protonix was not covered so they sent me paper work to fill out my doc and I filled them all out and I mailed them back. I wore out the other meds that work and it took me forever to get one that did work.

The pharmasist said I could get it on my own but it was $121.00 per month no I didn't want it I couldn't afford it so pharmasist told me to call doc for free samples got some but if insurance doesn't pay in the future I don't know what i am going to do.

How many insurance people are required to take med exams? none exactly then how can they pick and choose what will work for you?

Stressed out anticipating the terrible symptoms and heart burn I get with out my meds just not feeling well.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Brenda
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

but not working...

I don't know what insurance you have but there are MANY ways around the crap that the insurance does...

Obviously you have been on the med for awhile.
    What other meds have you tried? Have you been on all the other PPI meds? These are the questions that they will ask.

Basically depending on the ins. you have your doctor will have to apply for a Prior Authorization and fax it to your ins.
    If you have tried all the other meds and whatnot then usually you can get it approved.

Check into it...

It depends tho on your insurance and which one you have!