INSURANCE/MEDICARE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Nov 14, 2005.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Anyone know a good dental insurance company that lets you pick your own dentist?

Anyone know what to do about the upcoming Medicare change re: medications? The informative booklet put out by the government is incomprehensible. My dr. said he went to a seminar re: same and still couldn' understand it.

Now that I've retired it appears my main purpose in life is to provide income to the medical/drug establishment.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Most dental benefits which come with health insurance isn't very good. Stand-alone plans aren't much better. About the best you can do on them is to break even. I was an insurance agent for a long time and still haven't seen a stand-alone dental plan I would buy. Perhaps one of our members will have a suggestion for you.

I am not going to be signing up for the Medicare Rx plan until I have to to avoid the heavy penalty, next May. I need to call my HMO to see whether it is considered equal to the Medicare Rx plans.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

NBC Nightly News just did a segment on how people on M/C are having a horrible time figuring out which plan to select. The basics of the plan aren't that hard to figure out. It's the number of plans available which is causing the problem.

I'm angry because at $37 a month plus the $250 deductible, it comes to almost $700 a year. I don't ake $700 a year in prescriptions. I'll be paying for all those others. If I don't take it, it will go up astronomically later on if I decide to take it.

In my opinion, this is just a way to shift free meds for the medically indigent from the pharmaceutical companies to the taxpayers. This legislation is a mess. Congress could have done better by making a plan where those on M/C could get drugs at a discount, similar to the prices enjoyed by Canadians. It didn't have to be so complex.

Love, Mikie