Insurance Questions and crying alot.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilac123, Dec 6, 2005.

1. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hi Every "Body",

I have been crying uncontrollably for two days. The tears just come without even realizing it. I have been having pain and the meds aren't helping that much. I think I am just overwhelmed and getting frustrated with feeling so ill all the time. I normally keep an attitude of gratitude and get by ok but sometimes it hits me like this.

Also, my husbands company just changed insurance companys and I am scared of what is going to happen to my coverage. I don't know if my Rhuemy appts. will be covered or my meds. Does anyone have experience with this pre-existing condition stuff? I am on 4 different kinds of meds and the avinza is over $1,000 for 100 pills. That is what the pharmacy told me they have to pay to order them for me. I am so scared of going off pain meds. It is the only way I get by at all. I go back to the doc on the 20th and we are supposed to be starting some kind of new treatment for me now that my disability has been approved. (haven't seen the money yet). I was waiting for that as our old insurance was not covering much of anything because of the high deductable and this new one is even worse! ($3000 for the year.) Didn't want to run up anymore medical bills until I get some of these old ones from all the testing paid. I am just feeling so overwhelmed by all of this. I called in a refill but have to go to the pharmacy to show them the new card before they can tell me if it will be covered. This one is for my lexapro so I think they would cover it, just not sure if this new Trustmark Ins. will say this fibro dx was a pre-existing condition and I will have to wait 12 months before they pay anything. If not my disability money won't even be enough to cover my meds let alone help us with bills and food etc.

Sorry this is so long. I am just feeling very overwhelmed with the pain and feeling like an invalid the last few days. And now I have this insurance stuff to think about.

Any ideas and prayers would help. Thanks everyone for being here!

Lil
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is a growing trend for employers to cut health care benefits. They shop every year and have been taking coverage with larger co-pays and deductibles. There should not be any pre-existing problems as group coverage is usually not underwritten.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad and crying so much. No doubt the stress over your insurance issues is adding to the mix.

As far as I know (I hope I'm right) the pre-existing condition clause only relates to short/long-term disability benefits. For example, if you begin coverage with a heart condition, you cannot collect a disability pension for this condition for the first year or two, depending on the plan. I think (hope, pray) that your meds should be covered.

God bless and know there are better days ahead of you.

Anne Theresa
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Normally, if you have been covered by another company and you are just switching companies, the pre-existing condition exclusions do not apply. This has always been the case when I have changed jobs/coverage, etc. Because I was covered in the previous 60 days or 3 months or whatever their policy was, and I was changing coverage, the pre-exising condition rule didn't apply to my new policy so everything was covered from day one.

I hope that this helps and I hope that this is the same for you!!
  5. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Thanks for the imput everyone. I think I feel a bit better just getting it off my chest. I have gone through this crying thing before when the pain is bad and I'm just sick and tired of feeling so sick and tired and my husband just doesn't seem to get it. He is pretty good but when I try to describe how I'm feeling he compares his aches and pains to what I'm going through. Not that big of a deal just his way of trying to relate. I wish sometimes he would show more interest in trying to understand this fibro.

Anyway, the tears will stop eventually and I am ok. Just feeling sorry for myself I think and don't usually do that. It is just all so frustrating isn't it?

Thanks for the good news about the insurance. I have been looking at this Trustmark's website and I think what you've told me is correct. It only applys to the disability? We will see. I will put it in God's hands along with my pain. I will also make a new gratitude list for today and include all of you wonderful people. It is such a help to not feel so alone.

Thanks Again,
    Lil
  6. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I hear ya on the crying!! I did a good bit of that myself last night.. You are not alone.

Also, typically with group coverage, there is no pre-existing clause, so you should be fine..

good luck!
    :::passing a tissue

Sharon
  7. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

About 8 years ago my work changed insurance companys and the new insurance tried to cut me off. My work said no they couldnt do that as I was on insurance before and its not my fault they changed companys. So they had to honour my claims. See if someone in human resources can send them a letter saying they cant do this . good luck
    poodlemum
  8. sdown

sdown New Member

Ask your pharmacist if there are any generic brands to what you are taking and if they are as effective. Im taking neurontin and I found out after 1 year being on it that there is a generic brand called gabanten (not sure if Im spelling it right). Anyways the doc and the pharmacist both said it was fine to take the generic brand of neurontin. It is a bit of a savings for me. Hope this helps you. Take care. My prayers are with you. Sending a big hug too.