Integrative Medicine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvdogs, Jun 30, 2009.

1. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

A friend of mine has very serious chemical sensitivities. She says she was greatly helped by Integrative Medicine. I believe Integrative Medicine was more or less initiated by Andrew Weil, at the University of Phoenix. I live in NC, and I know there is a program associated with Duke University, but I think it costs $2000 a year. Nothing I can afford! I also don't know if the Duke program is endorsed by the original U. of Phoenix program, I didn't see anything about Duke on the Phoenix website, which offers a search by state. Anyway, regardless of which program, has anyone had any success with Integrative Medicine?
  2. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

UCLA now has a center for integrative medicine
  3. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Ok, so how do I find a good Integrative Medicine practitioner in NC? Does anyone know about the Duke Center? Like I said, I looked on the U of Phoenix website, and it didn't mention Duke. When I did a search for North Carolina, it only mentioned two doctors. One of them is in Asheville, which is about a 2 and 1/2 hr drive. I might try her.
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi Luvdogs,

You might want to check out the Institute of Functional Medicine, You can search for a doctor on the site!