Intense diaphoresis then chills (sweating and chills)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, May 7, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hello all, do any of you experience these symptoms. These are both new to me. Started about 2 weeks ago, only change that I have done is get off the Trazodone, and start on Ambien 12.5mg. I read all of the literature that I have found for Ambien, and do not see any connection. I was told by my Accupuncturist, that this is indeed part of Fibro. Any thoughts? Blessings, Phyllis
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

These were the first symptoms I noticed the day I had my onset of CFS. They were VERY intense for the first year or so, and slowly diminished over the next 4-5 years. I believe hormonal suppementation may have helped some, but I don't think that was all there was to it.

My hot/cold would sometimes alternate, but mostly it happened simultaneously, so I would be bundled up in layers of clothing, shivering with chill bumps, but at the same time I would be roasting hot and have sweat pouring off me. It felt like I had a furnace burning inside my chest, and on the outside, my skin felt like I was inside a freezer. It felt like some sort of electrical thing, with waves crawling all over my body. I thought I would go insane.

Most of this happened before I was diagnosed -- I have a distinct memory of sitting in my backyard in the 98-degree Texas heat, wearing a long-sleeve flannel shirt and crying because this was seriously messed up, and I had no idea what was wrong.

I have noticed sometimes that a change in medication will aggravate or change some of my symptoms. Maybe this is what happened to you when you switched sleep meds?

I'm sorry I'm not much help! I wish I had some advise for you. I just wanted to let you know that I have also been through this, and I hope you can find some answers soon.

Kalina
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2006]
  3. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Thank you so much Kalina, I do appreciate your information. At least I know that I am not hormonal (already did that 20 years ago!!) (; Blessings, Phyllis