Intense itching on the bottom of my

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen55, Jan 1, 2003.

1. karen55

karen55 New Member

foot! As I posted on another post, I have some permanent nerve damage in my right foot from a ruptured disk in 1996, specifically around my big toe and the bottom of my foot there. The skin is numb and even tingly from time to time, but there's this totally maddening, deep itch underneath where it's numb. There's absolutely no infection or fungus or athlete's foot on my foot, nothing there whatsoever, but this itch is so deep inside, it's hard to scratch it! The only thing I can do to relieve it is (and don't laugh, even though this is ridiculous!) use one of those old fashioned spikey plastic electric rollers to scratch and scratch and scratch until I've scratched "deep enough" to stop the itch. Last night I scratched so hard I caused a blister on the skin of my foot, and not for the first time either. Has anyone ever experienced a deep itch that they just can't scratch? Could this be related to the nerve damage??
  2. allhart

allhart New Member

i have that to its insane ive actually scrached so hard that i cause myself to bleed!i do think it has something to do with the neves sometimes i put icey/hot on my foot and it helps relive the itch somewhat sometimes,
  3. spaz

spaz New Member

Hi, I've also itched so bad i've caused blisters.My doctor said its a histamine reaction due to temp change. I've had this on all parts of my body.I now take zyrtec every day and the itch is gone. Hope you get some relief. Spaz
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

This itch is there, underneath the skin, really deep, regardless of temperature changes, and always in the same spot. I'm thankful it's only there, I think if I itched all over I'd go nuts. LOL