intense sugar cravings?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Nov 7, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

hi
    i've got these intense sugar cravings that just won't let up.

I've tried chromimum picolinate .. nada.

They seem to be getting worse ..even tho overall I am doing much better.

Any suggestions? lots of protein and small meals.. I shld try that. That helped before.. but then I forgot about it.

delia
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i have fruit in the house i can eat that instead of junk.stevia also helps if you have it with flavored teas. charlene
  3. jole

jole Member

Do you have a problem with yeast? When I went through the really bad sugar craving I had candida pretty bad. Got that cleared up and the cravings were less. the yeast loves sugar. (I still love sweets, though) :(

Just a suggestion~~
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

Deliarose: I always craved sugar and then I started taking some enzyme Candidase (sp?). I'm not even sure what it does but a friend told me to take it to kill off yeast and at the same time it killed off my cravings for sugar. I'll check the spelling if you're interested. I was a hardcore sugar addict....and now I really don't have issues with it at all. It went right out of my mind. Actually, I just grabbed to gum-drop (you know those little sugar spice drops?) just because it was there. I really didn't want it. That's the thing I have to do, get all this crap out of my house and desk and substitute it with yogurt, veggies, etc. Good luck.

joann
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I was told to lay off the carbs. Another reason, maybe like jole was saying, a high amount of yeast in your body. I recently started taking probiotics again, I hope this will help. I took it months ago, and I think it did, because I don't remember wanting sugar as much as I do now. Just a thought. Kim :)
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

i'll try and take it on board.
    tnx
    delia
  7. Sounds like the Yeastie Beasties are demanding to be fed. LOL

I read something about a Fibromyalgia diet which sounded to me like modified Atkins. Any time yeast dies off in your body, I think you're going to get sugar cravings. I have found that I don't get sugar craving as much now, that I added Kefir to my diet. I have a restrictive food allergy diet to begin with, so I can't cheat like some people with chocolate, or cake. I have been on a modified Atkins diet since 2003. I didn't start it because of Fibro. I started it to get my triglycerides and cholesterol levels back to where the NP thought they should be. Also I started Atkins because of IRD.

Dillion
  8. pamlamb

pamlamb New Member

Hi. I have sugar cravings and I know some medications can cause that. If I could remember which one, I think an antidepressiont. Check your drugs online and see if you can find it. I'd love to know what it was again too. Good luck.
    pamlamb