Intensely itchy scalp, thinning hair...read this!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by lgp, Mar 2, 2012.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I have had a problem with intensely itching scalp and eczema patches on my scalp for as long as I can remember. In recent years, it was getting worse. I almost dreaded washing my hair, as that would intensify the itch and flaking for 24 hours. I was beside myself. When I went to get my hair done, my wonderful hairdresser (who to her credit made me feel at ease since this was a bit embarassing) felt so bad for me; she sprayed this wonderfully soothing cool spray on the back of my neck, and then had a suggestion for me. She wanted me to try this shampoo she was selling in her salon called Hinoki. It is actually touted as a hair thickening shampoo, part of a system. She said one of her other clients with scalp psoriasis used it, and is almost totally cleared up. And it also thickens hair. It was a bit pricey; $32 for the 8.4oz shampoo and 8.4oz conditioner. But then I thought, I would pay that for a shirt, and a co-pay at the dermatologist was $50. And by the way, no dermatologist ever gave me anything that even remotely worked for this condition. So I bought it.

It gave me a little relief the first time I used it, but five weeks later, the difference is huge. I no longer have that 'tight' feeling on the back of my neck and my scalp, and every time I use it now, I can feel this condition dissipating!! You have no idea how happy I am...and my hair is thicker and shinier than it has ever been. What a find!!! And the dye does not burn at all any more when the hairdresser applies it. I went to the hairdresser yesterday, and she was so pleased with the results I am seeing with this product. My hairdresser did say it is not an overnight process, and I would probably continue to see more results!!

It is actually called Hinoki shampoo from the Hayashi Hair System. You can purchase it in a salon, like I did, but I googled it and it seems that there are some less expensive places to purchase this.

I am just so happy with the results, I had to share it with you. The women who work in the salon that I go to all have the most beautiful hair. The owner requested that they all use this shampoo and conditioner for awhile, to see of it really worked. Obviously, it does!!

Laura

[This Message was Edited on 03/03/2012]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the heads up on this. So many of us have thinning hair. Did the hairdresser say what is in this product?

Love, Mikie

PS: Did a search and it appears that the oil comes from the Hanoki Cypress tree. Right now, Argan oil is being used in cosmetics and hair care products. It is wonderful for the skin.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2012]