Interestin articlein newspaper linking enodmetriosis to FMS and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Sep 27, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

CFS along with RA and lupus. I did a random internet poll four years ago for my term paper for ultrasound school on endometriosis and found the connection myslef was overwhelming.

More information on this subject can be found at the Endometriosis Association-www.enodometriosisassn.org or at Endometriosis Research at www.endocenter.org

I am going to the web sites to see what they have to say-just thought it was interesting due to the number of times we have had postings on the board asking the question if they are linked or not?

take care everyone and have a great day.

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

CFS along with RA and lupus. I did a random internet poll four years ago for my term paper for ultrasound school on endometriosis and found the connection myslef was overwhelming.

More information on this subject can be found at the Endometriosis Association-www.enodometriosisassn.org or at Endometriosis Research at www.endocenter.org

I am going to the web sites to see what they have to say-just thought it was interesting due to the number of times we have had postings on the board asking the question if they are linked or not?

take care everyone and have a great day.

cathy
  3. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Hi Cathy,
    I saw that article too ... really interesting. I was told many, many years ago that I had endo, and told about 5 years later that I didn't. Who knows?? It was a short time after the last diagnostic laparoscopy (when they told me I didn't have endo) that I was diagnosed with FMS. I hope they do more research in this area.

BTW how are you feeling after your surgery??

Jan ^v^
  4. TracyV

TracyV New Member

If you had any pregancies between the two dianoises that could be why you had it then you didn't. Also if you went thur menopause. Endo thrives on estrogen, when we stop making it, endo goes away. Mine went away when I had my daughter, she'll be 3 in Jan I'm just now feel it coming back and it's a lot milder than before(I sure hope it stays that way)
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  5. Katseye

Katseye New Member

I've been blessed with both FMS and endrometriosis. What's worse is Lupron, or any other type of birth control, triggers severe migraines that last for days. When I'm premenstral and during my period, the pain is horribly severe and out of control. All I can do is stay in bed with a heating pad. No medication (I've tried) touches the pain. The older I get, the worse it gets. I've had laparoscopic surgeries, but it keeps coming back. I don't know how to deal with it.
    (ouch.....I sound so dismal)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  6. sheiba

sheiba New Member

i have it - found the endo first and then the fibro. i saw that article, too and found it very interesting. i've not found anything either to touch the pain, and had the lapo. no fun, i must say, and quite the aggrevation.
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Me, too. Had endometriosis for 25+ years of incredible menstrual pains, blackouts or fainting spells, vomiting & irritable bowel syndrome. First signs started when I was in jr. high. Lots & lots of gynecologists never could find anything wrong & prescribed everything from DES or birth control pills to heavy drugs which did zip. Others said it was all in my head. (of course!)

Well, 13 years ago last month I saw a wise old owl -- a woman gynecologist who'd been in practice almost as long as I'd been alive. On my first gyn exam she identified the endo. When I said no one's every noticed anything, she touched it & damn near sent me into orbit. Yep, it's here, she said.

She did the lapro surgery & I've been a changed woman ever since. Alas, she's now retired or I'd try her miracle touch on the fibro, too.

As an aside of note, I knew a woman who died of endometriosis which got out of hand in her body. She kept putting off any annual exams, physicals, etc. Such a loss.

Best thoughts.
  8. Katseye

Katseye New Member

I was also told, for years and years, the intense pain which put me in a fetal position, was all in my head (no that's not where it was, Doc, other end.......) As a teen, I was passing out in class from cramps! The nurse gave me an asprin.
    My question is, has anyone experienced increased menstural or other abdominal/back pain, after a laparascopic surgery as I did? I actually feel worse now that I've had the surgery......even though they removed the endo growths.