Interesting Doctor's Visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Mar 24, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:
    I just wanted to tell you of something that happened during my visit with the rheumatologist this week.

He gave me a full exam: pushing and pulling and stretching my arms, legs, neck, feet, even toes.

To make a long story short: after he did that he traced a line along my body and said to me 'This is where it hurts, doesn't it?'. He knew exactly every point I was having a problem with.

I do not know how he did it and he has never done anything like that before. I wonder what he felt or knew.

N.F.
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

a seminar or read something about this and is trying it out to see if he is right. Thats a good dr. You know, we have kindof been dumped on the Rheumys and they are learning too. Mine is a sweetheart but many arent.

Suzette
  3. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

Nyrofan,

I go to a neurologist and he did the same thing to me.

I told him my hips were killing me and he took both pointer fingers and placed them on the side of my hips and poked me, he said "right here?". As I yelped I said "Got

it right on the worst spot!". Then he also started going over my whole body, like he was lightly massaging me and ran his finger all the way up my leg and asked if that was

where I was hurting, again he got it right. Then he did the same thing on my right arm up to my head and again he was right. He was right.

He will work with me on anything. BTW, he is also my pain doctor.

It is so wonderful when you can find a doctor like this.

Dee
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

To all:
    It is good to know that many of us do have good doctors.
    And to those who responded, just let me say thank you for taking the time.

N.F.
  5. It sounds like you have a good knowledgable dr. on fibro. What did he prescribe for you, if I may ask.
  6. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

That's awesome!
    I wonder if he attended the FMS / CFS convention in CA!?!?!

TM~
  7. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

My NP at the holistic clinic did the same for me. She is referring me to a rheumy also. Unfortunately, my blood work showed signs of rheumatoid arthritis. That scares me much worse than Fibro ever could.

When you get the right doctor, you stick with them.

I wish you the best,

Linda