Interesting Dr's Appointment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KathiM, Mar 25, 2003.

1. KathiM

KathiM New Member

I have recently started seeing a new Dr in my area who is out of Mayo Clinic (Minn)......I am in Southern California.

The first thing he did after interviewing me on a Saturday for 2 1/2 hours then on Sunday (my husband and myself again ) for another 2 hours was to order a lot of blood tests (as they all do) and then on to a sleep study test which I thought was probably baloney.

Yesterday, he spent another hour with me explaining everything and how "critical" of a problem that i have with sleep apnea and fibromyalgia which has been caused by the sleep apnea.

My oxygen levels drop to 70 and he said 60 is death and my brain wakes every 40 seconds to to a feeling of suffication....so therefore...forget stages or 2,3,4, sleep.....I NEVER get there and probably have not in YEARS....as to how bad of shape I am in now.
    If you dont get to stage 3,4, which is where your body regenerates and heals you feel like crap all the time and all these DD etc happen.

He is convinced that after my 2nd part of the sleep study and set up of CPAP machine which is this next Tuesday that I will feel much better. My only fear now is making it to then as he scared the you know what out of me !!!!

I just wanted to share this info with you all.......

I would welcome any feedback that anyone has.

Kathim
  2. teawah

teawah New Member

and now you have something wonderful to look forward to! Don't spend the next few days torturing yourself unecessarily.

Things are definitely looking up and I am so happy for you that you are getting good medical help. I am also SO jealous!

You MUST tell us how you sleep with the CPAP! My mother uses one and she finally sleeps grand.

Congrats, teawah
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You will be OK and when you start getting some quality sleep, you will feel better too.

Love, Mikie
  4. bejo

bejo New Member

You'll make it.Sounds like you will soon get relief.I'm so happy for you.The waiting will be the hard part but you'll get there.Love and ((((())))) bejo

[ advertisement ]