Interesting Fibro and Fatigue Center newsletter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grace54, Aug 9, 2008.

1. grace54

grace54 New Member

Treating CFS and Fibromyalgia Just Got More Affordable!

One of the largest problems facing those with CFS and Fibromyalgia has been affording medical care. Unfortunately, insurance companies don't want to pay to treat these illnesses and the large array of treatments needed, can make the cost for getting healthcare both unpredictable and unaffordable. Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers has listened to many of its patients and designed a new Comprehensive Care Program that is an ideal price solution for those who are committed to the healing process!

Beginning August 4th FFC will offer this exclusive program nationwide which will provide patients with affordable options for treatment of these debilitating conditions. This new program provides priority scheduling, all UltraCeuticals brand nutritional supplements, IVs, and injections (Note: Some exceptions apply for IVs and injections and vary for out of town and international patients) needed for a normal regimen of treatment over the course of one year. The program also includes multiple visits throughout the year with priority “slotting” so your office visit wait time is minimized to see your specialized treatment team.

With options of either a one-time payment or a series of affordable monthly payments with zero interest, patients are able to focus solely on their healing process without the worry of unexpected expenses or the need to prioritize their purchasing. Less stress and fewer decisions provides an ideal environment for healing at Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers. Call us today at 1-866-443-4276 and ask a representative for more details and book your appointment!

Thyroid and Other Problems Being Missed in Routine Check-Ups

Hormonal imbalances are often the hidden culprit in many commonly treated conditions, while standard blood tested only identify the sickest 2.5% of the population. The detection and treatment of conditions such as high cholesterol has become common; however, the use of specific tests to diagnose potential underlying causes has not. As a result, the best course of treatment may be overlooked. Click here to read more on thyroid hormone imbalances (PDF).

Good Genes Switched on Through Diet and Lifestyle

Dietary patterns are strongly linked to 7 of the top 10 causes of illness and death in North America, including heart disease, obesity, several cancers, and diabetes.

The diet-gene-health interaction is receiving a lot of attention by research scientists as it is proving to be a very effective way to control disease outcome with more than just condition-specific positive changes. The newest studies indicate that in as little as in three months of implementing a healthy lifestyle, prostate cancer cells changed the expression of about 500 genes.

In the latest 2008 prostate cancer study, free PSA was reduced and most importantly, known cancer causing genes were down regulated and protective genes were switched on. This is very positive as these are genes that code for inflammation, fat metabolism and oxidation – all processes playing very important roles in the development

in most first world chronic disease. The other important change observed in this group of men were weight loss and central obesity (a risk factor increasing all cause mortality), lowered blood pressure and lipid profiles among other improvements. The medicine used: eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and soy products, moderate exercise such as walking for half an hour a day, and an hour of daily stress management methods such as meditation.

To read more of Dr. Werner Vosloo’s blog entry visit

Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers, Inc.
    16415 Addison Road, Suite 600 | Addison, TX 75001
    Toll Free 1-866-443-4276
  2. grace54

grace54 New Member

The first time I went to the FFc I asked why they were so unaffordable to so many sick people , many who could not work. My Dr. had no good answer and said she had no control over pricing. This is a big corporation with many department heads that have to be paid.

There is a way around many of the charges. For example I researched their supplements and discontinued them and went with the company we use and saved a bundle. All of the lab testing was paid for by my insurance. I probably spent around $1200. Once I found out what was wrong I found a Dr. in my area that would treat me which was covered by insurance.

For many people a visit to the FFC may be the first time they have a Dr. who actually knows something about these syndromes. Just getting the testing is something most Dr's would not know how to order.

Like any place there are good and not so good Dr's so one has to do some research. I am my own best Dr. today so I just find a Dr who will work with me. Many times we just assume that the Dr. knows best and we do what they tell us. One doesn't have to buy their products or come back so many times as they want you too.

If I had to do it again I would go for the blood work and review the results and find someone to treat me if possible. I got to say they got me on the road to recovery. I don't think I could have ever found a local Dr. who would treat my thyroid condition and use the right t-3 med that gave me back a big part of my life, reduced my pain by 80% and let me sleep again without the heavy drugs that would only sap what little energy I had. Many do not know how serious thyroid disease is and how under/mis treated it is. Then there are the other hormones they treated thar were depleted.

It is my hope that more people will be able to go to the FFC, especially those who have been so sick for so long and running out of hope. There are no gurantees in life but I took a chance and gratefully found some answers. I also believe they are bound to get better the longer they practice and will weed out the not so good Dr's. and discover more that causes these syndromes. Best regards