Interesting quiz................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ceili, Nov 13, 2005.

1. ceili

ceili New Member

What are your results?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=145
  2. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

I am a sloth in the 75% percentile. What the heck is a sloth Ceili?
  3. ceili

ceili New Member

Looking into it....... ;)
  4. ceili

ceili New Member

SLOTH

Like the animal that shares its name, sloth is lazy, but there's more to it than that: it's a spiritual laziness. Before the list of sins to avoid was narrowed down to the seven we know today, there was acedia, the listlessness that afflicted monks around the middle of the day, and tristitia, or sadness. The two were combined into sloth by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century.

Sloth was considered a sin because it dissuaded people from their spiritual duties: helping others, going to church and achieving salvation. (The virtue against which sloth is said to sin is zeal.) To lose one's faith in God would be sinful indeed, and this is what one risked by being slothful.

In early medieval literature, sloth was often depicted as a person, sometimes a fat one, riding an ass (a slow, plodding beast); in Dante's Inferno, the slothful (or "sullen") are forever submerged in the Styx, their sighs creating ripples on its surface. This is an apt image, as sloth is often attributed to depression, and many who whose suffer from it describe feeling as though they are underwater.

It's probably fair to say that sloth is viewed today as the most benign of character flaws among the Seven Deadly Sins, and even in modern church teachings, sloth becomes a mortal sin only when it's deliberately (rather than inadvertently) committed by refusing to maintain a relationship with God.

5. ceili

ceili New Member

I'm a Sloth too.........

I'm thinking most of us with this condition will fall under the same realm but was interested to see.

I think God will forgive us if our bodies fail us. ;)
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

The next closest one is Lust, coming in at a distant 50%.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, I WOULD rather take a nap.....
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Sloth here, too.

Sloth 50%
    Pride 13%
    Greed 13%
    Wrath 0%
    Envy 0%
    Gluttony 0%
    Lust 0%

abbylee
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2005]
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Sloth 94%
    Lust 81%
    Gluttony 75%
    Pride 63%
    Envy 50%
    Greed 44%
    Wrath 44%

I'm just full of sin. Before this stupid Fibro, I would've totally been lust!
  9. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Here are mine - how the heck are they interpreted?

Pride 63%
    Gluttony 38%
    Sloth 31%
    Greed 25%
    Wrath 19%
    Lust 19%
    Envy 0%

Jeannette
  10. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

HA! I had to take a tie-breaker! I was tied between pride and slothfulness!!! LOL!!!

Well, in the end, Pride got the best of me-always does!!! PG
  11. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Ok, here are mine that is pretty funny, only now I feel lazier and well, I will let you guess what else, lol!!

sloth wins at 56%
    Lust close 2nd at 50 %
    greed 19
    pride 13
    wrath 6
    envy 0
    gluttony 0

gluttony, I am glad is a 0 sure does not explain why I have trouble lossing weight though, lol

kgangel

When you look at my results, remember I have only been married a little over a year!! So I really do lust for my husband now, lol!!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2005]