Interesting reactions from HGH FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

On my last appt Dr B added Pregnonolone, GAmma Grow and Cortisol to my regime. After taking them for a few weeks my hair texture started to change. Very course and dry. I also started getting painful bumps filled with white stuff along my hairline.

Now remember my hair and skin have been awesome from the treatment I have been doing.

I stopped taking all three and the bumps are gone and my hair does seem to be getting back to normal. I have strted back on the cortisol and so far so good. I suspect the gamma grow is causing this as it is HGH.

I haven't talked with Dr B about this yet just thought it was interesting.

Has anyone had anything simular ahppen with HGH??? Or are you takeing GAmma Grow?? Thanks Lynn
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Lynn,

I've been taking the HGH for about 3 weeks (a lower dose than the regular amount so I don't get muscle cramps).

My husband told me yesterday he had read they weren't allowing athletes to use it because it can be harmful in the long run. Do you know if that's true?

You should ask Brenda about the HGH. She's been taking it for over a month now.

Sandy
  3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I didn't mean to offend you concerning the FFC. I know people, such as yourself, have had a good outcome.

My Free T3 was also in the normal range, so I didn't see the need for taking thyroid.

I guess I was just upset because everyone here had such a good repore with their doctor, and I was just disappointed.

Sorry, I hope things do continue to go well for you.

Laura

4. elsa

elsa New Member

Been on Growth Hormone for a while now and have had zero problems ... only great things. Also, no problems with pregnenolone or cortisol.

You're right, it probably is the gamma grow ... but it's not HGH. Although I'm not familiar with it, it must be a Growth Hormone Secretagogue ... Most are made up of proteins, amino acids and herbs in an effort to get the pituitary gland to produce more Growth Hormone. There maybe something in it that you're having a bad reation to.

The only way to get Growth Hormone is through rx injections, that you can self inject subcutaneously every night. It has made more difference in my CFS/FM life then I can express. I wish there were other ways to injest it, but they haven't had any success with other delivery systems so far.

There are other secretagogues out there ... I don't have any first hand knowledge about them so I can't advise ... but if you are interested I'd go for the rx injections. They are simple and painless to deliver and a god send for people like us.

My pain is getting less and less since I started injecting the GH that I'm not making enough of ... finally my muscles are getting a chance to repair themselves. Couple that with the testosterone making whole new muscle and I'm feeling almost brand new! (not quite, but you get the picture! LOL)

Let us know what your doctor says ... I'm sorry this supplement didn't work out for you, but glad the others are working fine.

Elsa
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

How long have you been on the HGH?

Also, I found some information online that said we should take the injection 20-30 minutes before breakfast. We don't want to take it at night because it may stop our own body from making it.

If you've heard differently about the time to take it, I'd like to hear. The actual sheet that comes with it doesn't say anything.

Sandy
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi Sandy,

I feel very comfortable taking it for the present time. Many people warn about the use of GH, but I think that is mostly intended toward healthy people who are trying to get bigger and stronger and younger (when they are already big and strong and young .. LOL)... like atheletes.

I try to keep in mind that I have an illness that causes me to be defiecient in GH ... my injections are replacing what I would be making if it weren't for fibro..

For the time being I'm going to continue with my treatment .. hopfully a future blood test will show good levels and I can suspend taking it.

Take care,

Elsa
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I'm sorry you aren't happy with your FFC doctor. I guess there's always going to be a "bad apple" in the bunch.

Are you going to one in Texas? Just curious.

Its a shame because it gives the FFC's a bad name and most of them have had wonderful, caring doctors.

Sandy

8. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Thanks for your encouraging words. That makes sense.

The only problem is, we will start looking 10 years younger and won't want to quit!!!!

Sandy

9. elsa

elsa New Member

We must have been posting at the same time .. LOL I think I've read the website about taking GH in the AM and in the thigh instead of abdomin because of belly fat getting in the way, etc.

Actually, I think we have talked about this before ... but I'm not sure. Could absolutely be my brain fog kicking in!

I thought about that website a bit .... I think that taking it in the AM would be good for people without fibro and sleep disorders. We need to take it at night because we only make a fraction of what we need during that time.

Injecting at night hopfully will round out the missing amount. I did try it in the AM ... on day three that muscle creepy - crawly feeling started to come back and I didn't feel well in general so I switched back to bedtime.

I don't know intelligently one way or the other over the injection site. The directions say thigh, but my doctor showed me the three subcutaneous areas and told me to rotate the sites.

I don't have alot of extra padding ... the subcutaneous shots in thigh area weren't great and swelled alittle for a time afterwards. I decided to stick with the area around the navel ... it's easiest for me and seems to be working well.

Hope this helps .... Elsa

PS I have run across message boards where people split their dose and take it twice a day. The arguements for it where good ones ... but I don't think it would work for me. My dose is small with room to go up if we need to. Dividing it up would be tough and besides ... who wants to do it twice in one day?!? Not me man ...!
  10. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Hmmmm........that makes sense -- taking it at night.

What is your dose? Right now I'm only doing .05 then will move up in a week or so.

Thanks ~~ Sandy
    p.s. I think we did talk about it on an earlier thread.
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

I started right off the bat with .15 ... The .05 is my "air shot" dose.Ha! ... I don't know if I will have to move any higher up ... he said the possibility was there, so I am forwarned.

You are exactly right about getting used to the ten years younger ancillary benefit to our GH treatments! Man oh man ... what a wake up called that's going to be!

I'm glad you are giving it a try. I still cannot get past the rapid rise to full remission I am gaining on with balancing these hormones. It was the last step in my plan and well worth the effort and cost.

Besides.... I have an office full of syringes and needles for testosterone shots .. my husband hates needles .. I have found a new way to persuade him to seeing some things my way .. LOL !!! What a mean, rotten, low down dirty thing for me to say. Want to borrow a syringe?!? HA HA !!!

Elsa
  12. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

One more question, how long until you started to feel the affects of less pain?
    Also, I never seem to need the air shot. There's always a drop at the end of the needle. Do you still do the air shot with that drop there? (OK, so that was 2 questions...........)

Thanks for your responses.

Sandy
  13. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Honey it's no big deal at all! Don't worry about it! I am totally not offended and I am sorry if my post sounded short! I can see where you would be disappointed. Are there two Drs at the Dallas FFC???? Can you request the other one?? Also could you call home office and let them know you are unhappy with your expereience?? They should know if the have a bad apple!!

Take Care and feel free to post any feelings about things! Lynn
  14. elsa

elsa New Member

How are you feeling with gamma grow? Still taking it? I was just checking back with you.

E.

And Miss Sandy ... Yeah I still do air shots ... and after I read about you having a drop on the end I checked mine. I don't get that unless I do my air shot first.

I have given so many injections for horses over the years and it was drilled into me about ridding the shot of air bubbles first. I can't seem to not do it now! I realize the risk isn't as hugh with IM as it is with IV, but I'm still a weinnie!

I have started my fifth week of GH. I started feeling stronger muscle wise and pain wise gradually. Adding the wkly testosterone too has had a big effect on my pain levels.

I just completed a hugh week work wise ... with a Tuesday-Thursday_Saturday schedule .... the shortest day was 11 hours in length ... rest go up to 12 hours. My job is extremely physical and high motivating energy.

I survived well in the pain department. Instead of watching the clock for the six hours between doses time, I actually forgot about them and went 8 1/2 to 9 hours between doses. That hasn't happened often either.

Happy Day! I am keeping fingers crossed that this isn't some kind of fluke, but a real sgn of things to come!

Talk soon Ladies ...

Elsa
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2005]
  15. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I am so glad you are feeling better. Wow! That's just great. I too am taking the testosterone, its a daily drop under the tongue. Haven't noticed any difference from it though.

I guess we'll just have to call you the "air shot freak." LOL

Keep us posted,

Sandy
  16. LdyM

LdyM New Member

What in the world are "air shots"? I inject Kutapressin and soon Heparin also.

Thanks, **LdyM
  17. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Sounds goofy.
  18. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Right before you give yourself the little injection, you have to make sure there's no air in the needle so you put it on a really low setting and push until the first drop comes up.

I didn't know what it was until I started the HGH.

Sandy

19. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Thanks Sandy. I wonder if one should do this with the Kutapressen and Heparin injections also? I did not receive through instructions at the FFC. What harm do tiny air bubbles do?

M.A.
  20. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I guess people are worried about air bubbles in a vein maybe? Sometimes I hit a tiny blood vessel...........

I do try to get all air bubbles out of the syringe before doing the Heparin shots.

Good question ---

Sandy