Interesting Story about Pesticides.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

They had a story in paper locally about the start of spraying for Mosquitos due to West nile Virus. Many groups opposed to pesticide use on our streets mentioned that these pesticides in certain people may attack a person's Central Nervous System. Other comments made by the opposition were that pesticides screw up a person's endocrine system and causes some people to not be able to fend off toxins.

I think the puzzle is beginning to be solved here...those that grew up on well water most likely had large amounts of pesticide runoff in the water supply, thus the stats that well water users were 10x more likely to get FM. Also, people that grew up on land that was once farming have extremely high incidents of FM.

I would begin to bet that pesticides have caused our bodies to function poorly and that our endocrine system is a mess.
    This could be the reason for phosphate retention (Dr St Amand's theory).

TIM
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
  2. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Tim, I believe this to be true. I was poisoned by DDT as an infant and nearly died. Even though I have asked many doctors about this none have thought my problems came from that. I still think it is a piece to my puzzle. I have FM and suspect Chronic Fatigue (though not offically diagnosed with CF) and endometreosis. Always have had health issues for as long as I can remember. Take care, Angelheart~
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Pesticides are hormone disruptors... Birth control for bugs.
    I have done a lot of research on pesticides and mercury. Pollution can definately cause all our symptoms. I think if they screened us for environmental pollutants ...the results would be eye opening.

Dioxins and heavy metals are estrogen distruptors and cause endometriosis and increase risk of breast cancer...not to mention thyroid dysfunctions.

Your on the same page as me.....if you follow environmental news, and realize how polluted our environment is with pesticides and mercury.....this would be a no brainer.

I think the government is aware of this... hence all the activity concerning mercury and pesticide use.

But it's cheaper to invent a bunch of syndromes and call us crazy...than to finance clean-ups and face the liabilities.....dojomo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I remember reading years before I moved to FL that some teenagers went swimming in a canal down here and I think one or two died and several were very sick with illnesses like ours. It was determined that they were poisoned by runoff from the pesticides and fertilizers from lawns during the rainy season. This was years before anyone was talking about CFIDS or FMS.

Come to think about it, just before my illness got so bad that I couldn't work, I fell off a boatdock into the canal. I had cuts on my arms and legs and later had to have surgery to repair a detached tendon in my arm. The water in the canals is like sewage.

Love, Mikie
  5. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

That the government agency supporting the spraying would not come out and say the pesticides are safe...only quote "Today's pesticides are safer than DDT and pesticides in the past".

Whoopee...I am really concerned for my kid and for others
    once they begin spraying...
  6. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i have known since 1992 that exposure to chemicals , esp formeldehye and organophospahtes have made me so ill that i am now severely disabled.

what i can't figure out is how to get well again.

if anyone finds out how to recover from the chemical poisoning i want to know.

i don't think the well water theory would fit over here in the UK.

but i do think that the numbers of sick people goes up with the amounts of chemicals we are now all exposed to.

i was exposed to toxic chemicals while already ill and have never recovered.

any thoughts on what helps a recovery ?

hopefully, pinkquartz
  7. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Sad thing is that our environment is only going to get worse. Heck, there is a brown cloud over the whole continent of Asia full of the most toxic junk imaginable. It would only take the jet stream to move into it to carry it to California.

Read today that the Ozone layer has the largest hole ever!

Money made at the expense of the environment should be a huge crime....

Right now, the Little House on the Prairie days don't sound bad. Granted, work was hard but you had a healthy body to do alot of it and no chemicals attacking you non-stop.
    TIM

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The U.S. is actually now loosening environmental stds. for commercial pollution. It is kept quiet, but the news picks up on it every now and then.

Love, Mikie
  9. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I am convinced you are absolutely correct. The reason we are sick is because of toxins. They are everywhere, food, water, air, clothing, homes and I could go on and on and on.. I am working on a protocol for DETOXING a poisoned body. The protocol is based on research from Dr. Don Colbert, MD, HO. I have an appointment with him on Sept 2. He along with you and a few select others agree that FM, CFS, lupus, RS, ect is caused by polluting our bodies with toxins whether it be medication, food, or the air we breath. He believes in juice fastingw/organic fruits & veggies for three days to rid your body of stored toxins. You have to follow a liver prep eating plan two weeks prior and after the fast. Then after the fast he recomeds a vegetarian with little poultry/fish diet. No suugar, wheat, pasta ect.

I cannot wait to see him! I am very excited. I will keep you all posted.

Take care,

LeLe
  10. monicacat

monicacat Member

Do a google search for, (Dr. Grace Ziem's Environmental Control Plan for Chemically Sensitive Patients).

Please read it and try to follow it. If you keep getting exposed to these chemicals you will only get worse.

Follow a organic diet, fruits, vegatables, organic eggs and meats.

Use unscented or natural scented, natural grooming products, many can be found at Wild Oats, and Whole Foods. I've had good luck with Granny's shampoos and Tom's of Maine products.

Only use natural products to clean your house, vinegar and water, baking soda. Unscented laundry soap, don't use fabric softener. I've had good luck with Ecover dish soap and Seventh Generation laundry soap.

Try to avoid medications if you can, I know this is impossible for some of us, but just do what you can.

It's hard but it can be done.

Good Luck,

Monicacat

p.s. Drink purified or distilled water, glass bottles are best.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
  11. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I read that article too !!! I couldn't believe it !! GREED..that's all I can say...Filthy rotten GREED.
    Money is more important than the environment and the health of a few.

Thank God for the internet.... I never realized how "selective" the media was about what they chose to sensationalize upon. But believe me...the "GREEN" groups are on top of this one......word travels a lot faster now a days. Let's hope we can stop this before it starts....DJ
  12. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

thanks for your reply.

i will search the website tomorrow.

i do already only eat organic foods and i only use environmentally clean cleaning stuff.....see i am well informed mostly !

but can't afford water in glass so i am drinking bottled in plastic which is better than filtered from my tap.

i try to avoid chemicals and moved out of the city however i am still surrounded by car fumes and currently battling against mould in the bathroom somewhere where we can't see it !

i can't go into most other peoples homes cos of their toxic cleaning products.

i will search for the info....hope it has the help i need
    cheers, pinkquartz
  13. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I
    believe that chronic fatigue syndrome is due to
    estrogen dominance because the symptoms are
    so similar. Dr. John Lee says that estrogen
    dominance is the result xenoestrogens in our
    environment. Xenohormones are substances that
    we continually pour into our environment as
    chemical pollutants. They have very potent
    hormone-like properties that interfere with our
    normal hormones. Some are so potent that a
    nanogram (a very small amount) can have an
    effect. Most have estrogenic effects.

Common sources of xenohormones :
    solvants and adhesives- alchols, aldehydes,
    aliphatic hydrocarbons, aromatic hydrocarbons,
    cyclic hydrocarbons, esters, ethers, glycols,
    halogenated hydrocarbons, ketones,
    nitrohydrocarbons
    petrochemically derived pesticides, herbicides,
    and fungicides
    car exhaust
    emulsifiers found in soaps and cosmetics
    nearly all plastics
    industrial wastes such as polychlorinated
    biphenyls (PCBs) and dioxin
    meat from livestock fed drugs and hormones to
    fatten them up
    synthethic estrogens and progestins found in the
    urine of women taking these hormones as
    supplements, birth control, etc. that get flushed
    into our water supply

Petrochemically derived xenohormones are
    nonbiodegradable. They pass easily into your
    body and are accumulative, meaning they build
    up in your body over time.
    Dr. Lee writes extensively about xenohormones
    in his books and discusses them on his website.
    The books tell how to avoid xenohormones and
    how to help counteract the effects of estrogen
    dominance. He believes that a good many people are estrogen dominant. Ann Louise Gittleman also writes
    about perimenopause, a condition that results
    from estrogen dominance which disrupts a
    woman’s hormones and causes problems-
    problems that seem to me to be very much
    associated with CFS. Her book, “Before the
    Change”, gives good advice on straightening out
    your hormone levels.
  14. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

That is the $million question?
  15. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I think unfortunately...since most of the studies I have read, state that a lot of the environmental toxins around today bioacculate in the body (some with 7-20 year half-life) It would take several life times to rid ourseleves from the poisons.

What needs to be done...is decrease rates of exposure. So far...genetically speaking, we are the minority. Most of the world can genetically tolerate the levels of pollution today. But that won't last.
    We inherit our mothers toxins.... so as we pass it on from generation to generation.....which explains why this illness is seen more and more in the very young.

I have gone from being bedridden to 50% functional by simple changes....

I only drink filtered water....no other fluids but occas cup of coffee

I had my mercury amalgams removed

NO MORE vaccinations for me

NO FISH PERIOD

Always refresh my indoor air

Avoid household chemicals and cosemetics, pesticides ect......

I take......thyroid replacement, alpha-lipoic acid, OLE, B complex, selenium, magnesium, aspirin,

It's hard living in a toxic world, but I do believe these changes have improved my health. I just started becoming more aware of what's around me and what to avoid......dojomo
  16. wle

wle New Member

Pesticides and Herbicides, How many ate them......I believe there is a connection..............WLE
  17. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

CHECK IT OUT...........GO TO CHRONIC NEUROTOXINS.COM WEB SITE.....I WAS READING IT, IT TELLS EVERYTHING THERE, SEARCH AROUND UNTIL YOU COME TO THE PART WHERE YOU FIND OUT ALL ABOUT THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, AND ABOUT THE PESTICIDES. AND ABOUT HAVING TO TREAT ONE SYMTOM AT A TIME, AND GETTING DOWN TO THE CAUSE OF EACH ONE, AND THEN TREATING IT PROPERLY. WE HAVE THESE SYMTOMS FOR A REASON, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH US, AND WE ARE NOT GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWERS, CHECK OUT THE SITE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK..............SHARON28