Interestung finding about St. John's Wort

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Nov 14, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I read an article yesterday by a doc of nutropathy. He said something that was quite interesting, and I had never heard, and still don't understand WHY it would be.

BUT, what he said is this: St. John's Wort does NOT work well on people with Type O blood types!

Yep, that's what he said!! Never heard of it, have no idea why, but thought it was interesting, and wanted to share that will you guys.

Any thoughts/ideas on this one??? PG
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I have O Negative blood and have been using St. John's Wort for many months. It helped my depression tremendously. In the past few weeks, I have noticed that it does not help as much but I am hoping that it will once my life calms down a bit.

I haven't had any bad reactions to it at all.

Pepper
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Though I believe loosely in diet by blood type, they go too far w/ thier claims for it sometimes.

The person who said the St. John's wasn't working as well after a few mths, you'll need to up your dose a bit. I start at a very low dose and work my way up as needed. Herbs tend to work best if they are alternated though. I don't think St. John's will work as long for you as an antidepressant. And even a.d. will conk out after a time. I've gotten 7 years out of Wellbutrin, but the past few years has been much rougher when I hit the winter SAD.

Jeanne