internal shaking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melwargo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. melwargo

melwargo New Member

I have had fibro for about 12 years and went through a really bad flare-up 2 years ago. Since then I have these 'internal shakes" everyday. I think it started with anxiety however I am not anxious anymore.
    The only thing that helps is a benzo-type med. "Does anyone take anything else that might help this- especially something natural" It is very hard to live with- Even my therapist can't believe I still feel this Thanks
  2. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I have had full blown body pain and a million other unprecedented symptoms since taking a powerful antibiotic called "Levaquin" seven months ago.

It is exactly like Fibro...probably is.
    PLus I have sooo many other symptoms.
    Shaking is another. Classic tremors of arms and hands and even head.

And an internal shaking that I call "shuddering."

My body literally shudders. And this is involuntary.
    It seems that "every" art of my body is under attack. You name it and it is either feeling pain,soreness, weakness, shakiness, or just not right. Bladder, Gastrointestinal tract, head, eyes, jaw, weird taste in mouth at times, ears ( ringing )...muscles, tendons, rashes,fever, even my testicles hurt. This is the truth. I mention this not as a joke...but as a scary fact.

If I had the money I would beg the Mayo clinic to take me and help me and find out what has happened to my body, but like most of us here...I am poor. Can't even afford doctors co-pays anymore. Disability runs out in one week.

Dear God...how can so many be suffering like this and so many doctors saying they don't know what it is or they even deny it's existence. Like we are exaggerating this or having it because of depression. In my 50+ years, I have never ever had anything close to this nightmare. It is consuming my life 24/7 ! Pain all over all the time! On a scale of 1 to 10 my pain is always at least a 3 and half the time 5 to 6 to 7. Again, all over!
  3. melwargo

melwargo New Member

Thank you for responding. I don't think lots of people have this. I am trying magnesium but it is too early to tell if it is doing anything. It was so bad two years ago and I became severely depressed and finally went on an anti-depressant. The anti-depressant helped with the depression and anxiety but I still was shaking. I am getting off the antidepressant. I take Klonopin 1mg at night to sleep.
    It just stinks. I went to a host of doctors a basically was made to feel like "nut-job"- talk about stealing someones self-esteem. Family would like me to still see other doctors but I feel very burnt out. I do exercise but not daily- might be something I commit myself to do- Thanks
  4. melwargo

melwargo New Member

Sorry about your situation Joe. I know how you feel- that is no Doctor knowing what to do. I can tell you I went to a host of doctors 2 years ago- some under insurance and others I took money from my retirement. I had MANY MANY TESTS- BLOOD WORK ETC.- I can tell you NOTHING SHOWS WITH THIS STUPID CONDITION. I did go on the anti-depressant Lexapro after I was so down about everything. (Was not happy about it but was about to slit my wrists) It didn't help with the shaking but helped me not fixate on my body as much. I had to quit my last job and took a year to get on my feet. I work full time again but have to sleep and rest much of the time I am off. This condition can take your dignity from you if you let it. I wish you well.
  5. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

as I have suffred from this time to time. Epsom salt baths really halp. So do anti anxiety meds (zanax can take the edge off the internal tremors). Klonopin at night helps. I would also check body temp when this happens as temprature is tied into nervous sytem malfunctions. Usually when I have the intrernal shaking my body temp is low and this is somehting to talk to your doctor about b/c it could be hormonal.

Finally B12 inntramuscular injections and a B complex supplement daily seemed to make this very ucomofortable symptom go into remisssion and when it does happen it's not as bad as it used to be. Hope these suggestions help.

Ben
  6. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

I HAVE THESE WHAT I CALL JITTERS , I GET THEM MAYBE 3-4 DAYS A WEEK. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL AWEFUL. I ALSO GET VERY JUMPY, DOG BARKS I JUMP. GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK FOY
  7. Crickie

Crickie New Member

I too have this problem and I have been dealing with fibro for the last 7 years.
    I still struggle with feeling so "uncomfortable" - panic/jitters that come over me for no reason at all other than what must be going on inside my body...and I hate it! Some days are pretty good and then there are other days where I just don't feel up to simply going to the grocery store.
    I have been taking Xanax .25mg (the lowest) for the last 7 years, although, I have lately started bumping my dose up as needed (sometimes 5/day).
    Counseling hasn't helped...antidepressants haven't helped (made my anxiety worse (SSRI's)), and I don't like having to pop so many pills and be reliant on chemicals.
    I'm sorry to say that I have no idea of a natural remedy and would like to know of some ideas myself. What seems to help sometimes.. is no caffiene, exercise, and diet/sleep the best I can.
    Hope someone shares some good advice ~
    Chrisi