Internal Vibrating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by softlyrising, Sep 20, 2005.

1. softlyrising

softlyrising New Member

Does anyone else get this? It's very hard to explain, but it feels like my insides are vibrating, deep inside my stomach and chest. It feels like there's so much going on in there and I feel like my body is throbbing and shaking from it....but it isn't....and it also feels like my heart is going crazy, but when I take my pulse, it's normal. It's kind of like having a terrible pounding headache inside my torso...like I said, it's very weird and hard to explain. I wonder if it has something to do with tight muscles. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone else experiences this....it's scary and always makes me worried that there's something terrible wrong with me.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes I did have that when I was taking Effexor. I took 37.5 mg which is a low does but it felt like a vibration in the chest area. So strange... I don't take it now and have not had that symtom for a couple of yesrs.
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

it is more pins and needles movement that feels like vibrations. It feels like my insides are boiling. Strange feeling but I don't think that's what your referring to.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2005]
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

had that happen but it's been a few months back. At the time, I was having alot of tremors. It finally stopped for no apparent reason. Look up tremors and see if the symptoms fit.

bozey
  5. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I have had exactly the same feeling in the same places at various times over the last few years. Usually it's when I'm stressed and have been overdoing it.

If you read any books on nervous illness and anxiety complexes they will all cite this as a symptomatic sensation. Haven't found a doctor who can explain its exact cause, but definitely something nerve-related and nothing to worry too much about. You can get this feeling even without being on medication so it would seem like some normal bodily sensation, which we probably wouldn't even notice if we weren't so sensitized.

6. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It usually happens during a Stressful situation.
    It feels like the whole inside is falling apart, I do some Breathing excerises, that I found on a Anxiety site.
    Sometimes it only lasts for a few minutes, then I have had them so bad, usually during a Family tiff, where I shake inside for hours, and I reach for the Xanax then.

I think it's related to what Dr, Starlanyl calls, the "Fight or Flight" syndrome.
    It's on her website, the url is posted under the Mod Sharons Symptom's List, (I think?) Fibro Fog this am.

I also get some Pain in the Heart area, but it's not from a Heart Attack, it's from the Stress, I've had this since I was in my Teens. If it was a Heart problem I wouldn't be posting, as I'm older than dirt, lol.
    Not really still Young at Heart,
    sharonk
  7. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

baffles me (and obviously eveybody).

I myself don't get them. But, my teenage daughter used to complain of them. She couldn't believe I couldn't feel her sense of vibration when I'd put my hands on her. Said her whole body was vibrating INSIDE, but couldn't believe that it couldn't be seen or felt from outside. Very weird.

Also, a friend whose husband had Parkinsons attended support group meetings with him. One night the speaker was mentioning how hard it must be to endure the frequent physical shaking involved. At this point one of the sufferers in the audience commented: "what you SEE on the OUTSIDE is nothing...it's the INVISIBLE tremors that are so hard to bear". At that point everyone in group loudly agreed.

Hmmmmmmm.
  8. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...reminded me that I do breathing also to calm it down. It's the deep stomach breathing I learned during labor. You use the stomach when you breathe in and out which allows the oxigyn to get through your system so it relaxes you. I do it whenever I am stressed over anything.
  9. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I occasionally have that. I think in my case it is because of my movement disorders. I have an essential tremor and myoclonus. I have had two neurological workups to rule the "bad" things out. I just have to deal with it.

My heart only pounds if I consume a lot of caffiene.
  10. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I was lying on the bed and felt this vibration inside. It was weird! I even felt it in my legs.
  11. Geechie

Geechie New Member

I do have this. It started in my feet and legs. I told my rheumatologist it felt like I was standing on the air conditioner, and he laughed! It wasn't funny to me. Now it's sort of in my center. It isn't all the time and doesn't seem to be related to any med. Scary.