International Day of Peace: Mon., Sept. 21

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mezombie, Sep 20, 2009.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

In 1981, The United Nations adopted a resolution for a special day for everyone to focus on world peace. That special Day is now celebrated each September 21st across the world, with activities extending over the period of a week. Celebrities such as Bono, Angelina Jolie, Sting, and many others have begun participating in this focus.

In recent years, millions of people across the world have recognized that there is a special power in numbers -- if many people focus simultaneously on a desired result that result is more likely to happen. In other words, we are creators -- let's now create a peaceful world!

Many people will be meditating or praying tomorrow. One suggestion is to begin with a visualization of "peace" in your own personal life, and then extend that visualization to peace in the world. It's very helpful to add your feelings of what that "peace" will be like to your visualization.

2. mezombie

mezombie Member

You're welcome.

I wasn't aware of there was such a thing myself until a few days ago.

Peace to you, Rainbow.
  3. soulight

soulight New Member

we sang when I was little . Of course many of you probably know it too !"Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me...."

Holly
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

[TO DOWNLOAD THE BOOK AS A PDF FILE TO READ OR PRINT GO ON THE SAFE SITE AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THIS POST, THEN GO TO WHERE IT SAYS "FREE DOWNLOAD" AND CLICK AND YOU CAN GET THE BOOK]

World Peace: Yes We Can! (Book)

Short Moments of Peace, Repeated Many Times, Become Automatic -

Free Download of the book as a pdf file to read or print -

By gaining confidence in our innate peace, we make the greatest contribution that anyone can ever make in life. With each person’s contribution of their own inner peace, we the people of the world, create world peace. By the power of short moments of peace, repeated many times, our peaceful nature becomes obvious at all times.

The grassroots movement of Great Freedom offers the practical know-how to bring inner peace about, and provides a free, worldwide, 24/7 support system, including trained teachers, written teachings that elicit and evoke our peaceful nature and a global community committed to inner and world peace. Please visit the website for information and simple, unerring instruction: http://www.greatfreedom.org/peacezone.html

FROM: http://internationaldayofpeace.org/news_and_updates/world-peace-yes-we-can-book
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2009]
  5. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for the reminder, Soullight!

TwoCatDoctors, that looks like a great resource!

Peace to both of you,
    MeZombie