International Day of Peace: Mon., Sept. 21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mezombie, Sep 20, 2009.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

In 1981, The United Nations adopted a resolution for a special day for everyone to focus on world peace. That special Day is now celebrated each September 21st across the world, with activities extending over the period of a week. Celebrities such as Bono, Angelina Jolie, Sting, and many others have begun participating in this focus.

In recent years, millions of people across the world have recognized that there is a special power in numbers -- if many people focus simultaneously on a desired result that result is more likely to happen. In other words, we are creators -- let's now create a peaceful world!

Many people will be meditating or praying tomorrow. One suggestion is to begin with a visualization of "peace" in your own personal life, and then extend that visualization to peace in the world. It's very helpful to add your feelings of what that "peace" will be like to your visualization.

For those able, there are many group activities taking place all over the world. Just google "international day of peace".

Peace to all!

2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

visualize whirled peas?!!~~Jeanne
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Good one!

Peas to you, Jeanne
  4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

...if only.....

World Peace is such a beautiful dream......

5. mezombie

mezombie Member

I think peace starts within us, with our relationships to those we know, and moves on to increasingly larger communities.

I try to think of what peace means among my family, friends, neighbors, then outward to people I don't know that well.

I think it comes down to trying to understand and at accept or at least tolerate differences.

And I would like to see some more tolerance on these boards. So that's an easy place to start.

Cate -- Thanks for the lovely poem.

Pippi -- Many good things have started with dreams.