Internet Addiction

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, May 18, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

This is in todays' Betty Kamen's Table Talk Hint:

Hint 2156: The Internet has created a new problem, Internet addiction. Internet addicts often have a disregard for health and appearance, sleep deprivation due to spending so much time online, and decreased physical activity and social interaction with others. Common symptoms are dry eyes, carpal tunnel syndrome, and repetitive motion injuries of hands and fingers.

2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

This article struck my funny bone.I had to laugh because the internet is helping all of us so much, and I am definatly a junkie since finding this board!

These are symptoms many here face, but we didn't become internet junkies until we were slammed down with these DD. Our "adiction" is due to having to take our own health in to own own hands trying to help each other....

HAHAH ... Great...one more diagnosis we call probably fit into...which came first..the chicken, or the egg? Now our doctors will tell us that our arm numbness and dry eyes are from being on the computer too much...HAHAH :)

I'm not sure how you felt about this elliepad, it just hit me wrong...guess I needed a good laugh? I hope it wasn't at your expense, it wasn't intended that way.

jenni
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I wasn't quite sure how it was meant either. Rather tongue-in-cheek, I thought. Funny though.