Interpreting bad results (LDH, GOT, GPT), pls help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SpiroSpero, Apr 20, 2007.

1. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi all,

last week I got back some blood results. Unfortunately the doctor knows nothing about CFS and he already said that he doesn't believe in it...
    However some of the results are abnormal and I would like to know if anyone else had problems with those values or does know how to interprete them:

Eosinophile Granulocytes 13% -> normal 2-4%

It doesn't matter to which time they draw a blood sample, over the last 5 years this value was always increased and fits to my allergies.

Neutrophil granulocyte 1% -> normal 3-5%

Low numbers indicate immunesuppressing activity if I know right.
    This sentence scared me since a antitrypsin deficiency could be the case.
    "In alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency, the important neutrophil enzyme elastase is not adequately inhibited by alpha 1-antitrypsin, leading to excessive tissue damage in the presence of inflammation - most prominently pulmonary emphysema."

Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) 326 U/l -> normal <250 U/l

Important for the heart.

Glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase 51 U/l -> normal 0-35 U/l
    Glutamic-pyruvic transaminase 52 U/l -> normal 0-34 U/l

Both show liver health.

Potassium: 5,4 mmol/l -> normal 3,5-5,2 mmol/l

I'm a little scared now. I know it's a lot that I ask but can anyone connect the dots? I would appreciate it so much.

Greets

Manuel

2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Bumping for Manuel :)
  3. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi all,

thanks for bumping ^^

My doc wants to test me for hepatitis now. I will get the results next week and I will post them here. I don't think that the results are positive.
    Moreover I stopped taking some of my supplements (a strong multivitamin supplement, ascorbic acid, normal Whey) and only take 500mg Calcium ascorbate + Bioflavonoids, cod liver oil and 5-HTP now.

Greets

Manuel