Interstitial cystitis and fibro/yeast?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Off and on my bladder gets really irritated for periods of time. It is miserable...Yrs. ago I was told after those horrid tests I had IC, now the dr. that replaced him after testing said it didn't look like IC. But I still believe it is.

I ate one small slice of tomato like an idiot and now pay big time.

My question is I have found that taking tums off and on helps sometimes, other than meds anyone find anything else that helps? Also is yeast a contributor?

please any tips. thanks!
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Have you ever been put on Low Dose Naltrexone? It has been very helpful to many with IC.
    Hugs, MicheleK
  3. Thanks for answering. They always put me on vesicare, sometimes it helps sometimes not. The burning was so bad yesterday I thought I would lose my mind. I pray its not as bad today. thanks again. no one else effected by IC or just bladder pain/burning?
  4. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

Hello- I frequently get IC. When it happens, I take cranberry tablets. I regularly keep a supply of them. At the first sign of irritation, I take them & continue to do so for several days after symptoms stop. Plain ol aspirin helps take the sting away & I also regularly drink lots of filtered water every day help prevent this.

I don't know if yeast contributes to IC, but I also get yeast often, both internal & skin.
    For yeast I use AZO, a homeopathic yeast remedy, which I get at Walgreens. I also use Gold Bond products for my skin yeast.

5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I also use cranberry capsules and they really do help if you start as soon as you feel an inkling of a symptom and continue a day or two after the symptoms are done. Hugs, MicheleK
  6. But don't cranberry capsules make it worse. I do know cranberry juice is bad?

I had such a terrible day , it was horrible, I finally gave in and took a pill that stops the burning but turns everything yellow , generic pyridium. BUT my urologist only gives 3 days worth, my family dr will give me more, but I didn't go to her to ck urine culture. I used some old ones I had. Does anyone know if the otc ones work the same? I was told use 2 instead of 2 pyridium?

I have had yeast problems all my life. ugh. I should have bought stock in monistat YEARS ago. I would be rich!

thanks for replying!
  7. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

No, cranberry capsules do not make it worse, they make it better. Cranberry juice is only bad if it has sugar in it. The capsules are more concentrated. You can use the sugar free (fruit sweetened, NOT aspartame) juice, it tastes more bitter, so I like the capsules or tablets better.

Monistat does not work for me for yeast. The AZO works much better for me. Also I've had a bit less trouble with both yeast & IC since I cleaned up my diet.

8. Thaks Dee. So you don't tkem every day , just when IC bothers you? I assume you get them at a health food store? thanks again!
  9. Kittyweird

Kittyweird New Member

I only take them at the first sign of IC. Although i have read that if IC is chronic for you then it is ok to take them daily. You can get them at health food stores, but Walgreens also carries them.