Interstitial cystitis??? anyone???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shalala, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Shalala

Shalala New Member

SInce I can't do anything elsee I decided to go thru my old pill bottles and found this with some pills still in and it was reefillable 2x ... IC HCTZ 12.5mg capsule MYL . Of course I could not remember WHY I had these ... filled back in 2003 so I started a web search and found this:

Interstitial cystitis (IN-ter-STISH-ul sis-TY-tis) – or IC –is a long-term, yet treatable, inflammatory medical condition of the bladder.
    Inside the bladder, there is a mucous layer that lines and protects the bladder wall. When someone has IC, the mucous layer is believed to be damaged, which may allow irritating substances in the urine to aggravate and inflame the bladder wall, resulting in pain.

I recall having pain and bladder issuees now. But now I have yet another condition to add to my list. It is also used for female problem (endomitiosis - sp) which I seriously felt I had. I am going through menopause now and just wish the PAUSE part would get here ... lol.
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I started having problems with IC with increased menopausal symptoms. There's an over-the-counter product called Prelief which you take with certain foods that provoke IC. It really does help -

Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2007]
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

With my CFIDS, Fibro & Lupus, most of my organs have had inflammatory conditions, including endometriosis and I.C.

I learned on another board how to control my I.C., and it's so hugely painful. Alkaline Diet is probably one of the biggest part.

You can google the board.

HEALING LIGHT*************carole
  4. footballmom

footballmom New Member

You remind me of me......I too go back and think of all the things that have been wrong with me over the years and they're all symptoms of FMS. I too have IC. It can be very painful at times and misdiagnosed as bladder infections.

5. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I get horrible pelvic spasms that affect entire region. One thing that has helped me with bladder pain is this patch called "Oxytrol Oxybutynin Transdermal System" Maybe it may help some of you also.

hugs
  6. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I used Desert Harvest 'IC Aloe' pills to alkanize my body and it worked wonders--got the product from a tip on the www.ic-hope.com message board. Also, the yahoo group 'IC Puzzle' is amazingly helpful.

Good luck.
    Kelli
  7. mary124

mary124 New Member

I have IC (dx with it since 1992) it is a horrible disease to have- very painful. I'm taking Elmiron, pain meds. and having hydros. every 6 months as that is about the only thing that helps me. Diet is very helpful as well. There is a on line support group. Wonderful people there. There is no cure for IC, just lots of treatment (medications/treatments) for now.
  8. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

SInce I can't do anything elsee I decided to go thru my old pill bottles and found this with some pills still in and it was reefillable 2x ... IC HCTZ 12.5mg capsule MYL . Of course I could not remember WHY I had these ... filled back in 2003 so I started a web search and found this:

Interstitial cystitis (IN-ter-STISH-ul sis-TY-tis) – or IC –is a long-term, yet treatable, inflammatory medical condition of the bladder.
    Inside the bladder, there is a mucous layer that lines and protects the bladder wall. When someone has IC, the mucous layer is believed to be damaged, which may allow irritating substances in the urine to aggravate and inflame the bladder wall, resulting in pain.

I recall having pain and bladder issuees now. But now I have yet another condition to add to my list. It is also used for female problem (endomitiosis - sp) which I seriously felt I had. I am going through menopause now and just wish the PAUSE part would get here ... lol.

Hi -

I have suffered from a series of reoccuring bladder infections. I have wondered if it is really IC. But I was told by my doctor since I was catherized one time - that started the problems with reoccuring bladder infections.

On another note - a friend of mine has IC - and filed for
    Social Security Disibility because of it and was awarded payments each month. I guess IC has been very disabling for her.