Intimate with a med student

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

There was a post not long ago about donating our bodies to research. I have thought of donating my body to the state medical school so the med students can use me to learn.

After reading the post I actually emailed the med school and today I got the forms in the mail. Now I just need the push to fill them out.

There is no cost involved to the family, in fact, it is the one way to have a zero cost death. That part of "beating the system really appeals to me." The thought of my loved one spending thousands to burn me up or put me in the ground seems so senseless to me.

Even in death I will be smiling a "I beat you smirk"
  2. stranded

stranded New Member

could you get me the info on all that? what school is it? i'd be really interested in that as well. thanks.
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

A couple sites to look at online are Sciencecare.org and
    www.med.ufl.edu/anatbd/usprograms.html

The second provides a list of body donation programs in the states.

In Nebraska, the State Anatomical Board has the forms needed to donate your body to science and designate a specific school, etc. I'm not sure if other states work this way too (with one agency handling it) or if the schools just do it on their own.
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there should be state statutes that govern and regulate anatomical gifts, treatment, disposal, etc. These would vary by state and should be included in whatever donation materials you receive.

You might be able to get these, as well as the necessary donation forms, from Health & Human Services in your state.
  5. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I must applaud you all who have obviously given this a great deal of thought and altho you "beat the system" you def are doing a world of good also.

Yvette, what a wonderful gift you gave for your son and from him. I do have a question as to whether one fills out a sep card other than the donor card or, if you do have one, would(or could) they use the body for research as well as donation of organs
  6. sofy

sofy New Member

I live in Ct. and just typed U of Ct. medical School it into google and wrote an email with my name address etc to the general info email on the site.

If you dont have a state school perhaps you have a private medical school. If in doubt ask your doc.

A couple weeks later the stuff came in the mail. I havnt look it over carefully but did see where it said the body had to be in state and that they would come and get it.

7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

To leave your body to the Nebraska State Anatomical Board, you do not have to be a Nebraska resident. It says that specifically in the information I have.

You can get find their "Donation for Humanity" information at the following link:

http://webmedia.unmc.edu/genetics/pdf/bequeathalform.pdf

or

http://www.unmc.edu/dept/genetics/index.cfm?L1_ID=10&CONREF=10

8. sofy

sofy New Member

I agree that those who have made death of a loved one into a gift for future good is indeed a wonderful thing.

Im a very pragmatic person and the thought of spending a lot of money to take care of a dead body is so senseless. That amount of money could help treat a sick person, give a small child food and shelter and on and on.

Then you have the fact that you are part of learning and giving even after death. I would think that would comfort those left behing but then perhaps its not for everyone.

For me with my warped sense of humor I enjoy thinking of myself as being intimate with a young med student.