Intolerance to so many things

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marjidoll, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

Anyone else troubled by so being sensitive to so many things?

I take NO medication for my fibro because pretty much everything makes me itch all over. I don't know if it could be a true allergic reaction or just the way my body reacts. No rash, hives, swelling just itchy feelings that seem to "zap" me from within all over my body.

Sometimes even Tylenol does it to me. I cannot eat certain fruits, seafood, or fish. A small drink of alcohol makes me flushed and light headed for a second or two.

I was never this way before my hysterectomy 10 years ago,(which by the way was the onset of the fibro.) I could take or eat and drink everything with no problems.

It's scary, not knowing how I will react to things. I took Celebrex for a few months, but it made my heart beat so fast one afternoon, I thought I would pass out.

Suggestions or advice would be much appreciated,Thanks!
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I am the same way

NEver used to be

Now I react to food, medicine, chemicals, pollen

I am a mess

I should live in a bubble
  3. Scarlett2

Scarlett2 New Member

I have always been sensitive to many kinds of drugs, some foods and even some smells (which is odd cause I don't have much of a sense of smell!!) Most things they put you on for fibro I react badly to. Years ago, they put me on anti-depressants as a migraine preventative and I had a terrible reaction to those! The wierdest one was when the Dr put me on Topamax. I was fine for a couple of weeks but one morning, I woke up and I couldn't speak more than a few words! I sounded like a stroke patient, but I was fully aware of what I wanted to say, I just couldn't say it! So I typed up something to show the people at work, and went to the dr. Sure enough aphasia is one of the rare side effects of Topamax. Leave it to me to find it!! I got back to normal after being off it for a few days. But boy was that wierd!!

Scarlett
  4. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I have an aversion to meat. When I was not on hormones for a time, any meat I would eat with hormones made me hot flash. And now with my hormones, I just don't like it. I only eat seafood and rarely do I eat a steak.

Also, I don't know where this comes from but I can't stand to wear colors, they make me nauseous. I just wear whites, navy blues and blacks.

I am also very sensitive to meds. Extreme allergic reaction a couple of months ago.

I don't know, I guess it is our immune system.
  5. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

For the replies. It would be great if medical science could come up with something that would ease these sensitities and let us take things that might help us.
  6. knitfan

knitfan New Member

I also have many intolerances I didn't used to have. I cannot take any narcotics; had a severe reaction to Ultracet that the doc gave me for fibro when I was first diagnosed. Ended up in the ER and had to be given two sedatives to calm down my nervous system. After that, I have become VERY afraid of all medications. I do take Ibuprofen but that is about all. I was using Xanax on occasion but the last time I did I got a worse Panic attack than what I was feeling before I took it. My big worry is that I will need some strong pain medication for something very serious and they won't be able to do anything to help. I also have migraine but only take Excedrin. I can't stand fumes from chemicals, paint, etc. I also cannot tolerate most room freshners.

7. matn

matn New Member

Please read my profile, but by eliminating gluten, dairy & soy and any processed, I was able to recover. No drugs, supplements or vitamins. There are a lot of hidden toxins in the SAD (Standard American Diet). Do not trust the regulatory authorities or physicians. They know very little.

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Matn