Intramuscular Stimulation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lyndav, Nov 21, 2005.

1. lyndav

lyndav New Member

I was directed to a website www.istop.org
    The practice of intramuscular stimulation is said to help with chronic pain that has no evident reason...fibro for example....no one knows where the pain comes from and there is no physical 'proof'. The process uses accupuncture needles, but instead of focusing on just certain pressure points from a map, it is inserted into muscles specifically associated with your pain, which is located after a competent evaluation.
    I dont know if i explained it well enough
    Lynda
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

3. pepper

pepper New Member

and is without pain for the first time in 25 yrs. He went to the dr. in western Canada who invented the procedure. I researched it here in eastern Canada and decided against it.

It is very expensive and very painful from what I understand. And of course there are no guarantees that it will work for FM.

My BIL's severe back pain was from 25 yrs of flying an air force jet, cramped up in the cockpit. He swears by the treatment of course.

I am interested in seeing if anyone has used it successfully. When I was researching it a couple of years ago no one here had used it.

Pepper
  4. lyndav

lyndav New Member

I hear if your insurance company covers physio therapy they will this as well, most practicers are located in physio clinics.
    lynda